Jeep SRT8

You can find an 06' for a decent price. I've heard to stay away from the 06's though:dontknow:

iraqivet01 said:
what up with the 06?

I hear there were some electrical problems, though I'm sure that's all been hammered out by now. I think the main thing is the interior... it gets a big upgrade in 2007 with new gizmos and gadgets.

If I ever move back to snow country, I want a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Black on black with a 5 or 6 speed manual tranny and 4WD. Willow, can you say "supercharger"? (She says "you betcha, Dad"......... ;))

D

I suppose a Jeep 4x4 SRT8 with two doors is too much to ask? (Knowing Chrysler :rolleyes:).

D

LoveThisTruck said:
I hear there were some electrical problems, though I'm sure that's all been hammered out by now. I think the main thing is the interior... it gets a big upgrade in 2007 with new gizmos and gadgets.

The big upgrade is with the 08 year, mygig, much better interior, some exterior cosmetic changes and self leveling high intensity headlights.
The best place to look for used ones is cherokeesrt8.com they come up pretty frequently, production has stopped now and it's rumoured but not confirmed that it will reappear with the new style in 2012 with a 6.4L :)
Be prepared for worse gas mileage than the 10 :(

Last edited:
wesalbert said:
What have you had for minor problems?
With all years there are minor electrical gremlins, these can be sorted out.
The front goodyear run flats can seperate early, and it is not uncommon to have some vibration at 70 mph, weirdly I get it at 40mph.
If you put much more than a CAI, a tune and Catback and spend alot of time at the track you will have problems with the drive line...tranny and front transfer case.

wesalbert said:
What have you had for minor problems?

Windows and sunroof wasn't properly "auto-closing", but a tsb flash took care of that. Besides that, its bee a good little vehicle.

Really like our 09, Ive contemplated selling it (and the ram) but just cant bring myself to. They have the best resale of any srt vehicle, the only downsides I see are small backseat area and 14mpg on premium.
Justin

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
the fuel door flies open every 200 miles and says feeeeed mmeeeee:D

Also have about the same problem with the 10. Also have seen where the fuel gauge seems to drop rapidly :D

Watch the tranny @ 1000hp

http://www.modernmuscleforum.com/showthread.php?535-A-day-at-the-Rock-A-new-direction-for-this-Jeep

IMG_0791.jpg

Why does the tach swing rapidly to right & fuel gauge goes almost as fast to left? Tires seem to make a lot of smoke & noise too!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back