JMB CAI vs Hennessey CAI

BigSkySRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a stupid question, but here goes anyway! :confused:

How is the JMB CAI different from the Hennessey CAI, other than the price and the heat shield? Thanks in advance. :)

Scott Ross
Billings, Montana

No contest.

JMB, for every reason: price, quality, service, functionality, looks.

Bottomline having never owned either.... HMS sux and you should avoid them like the clap and Justin is a well respected board member here who stands behind everything he sells!! Not to mention JMB's looks better!! My advice give Justin a call with your hard earned money and support those who support us!! :rock:

You won't get much support for Hennessey here

Hennessey treated me bad as a newb back in 05....won't ever happen again. He has hired a new Customer Service Rep
IF YOU DEAL WITH HIM...HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Please for the love of all that is good....stay away from Hennessey...to him you are simply another internet nutt swinger...I can get you that statement in quote form if needed. For any other information required....PM me.

Justin JMB has my vote. Great product, great price, And excellent service.

J.R.

Craig said:
Bottomline having never owned either.... HMS sux and you should avoid them like the clap and Justin is a well respected board member here who stands behind everything he sells!! Not to mention JMB's looks better!! My advice give Justin a call with your hard earned money and support those who support us!! :rock:

I completely agree with Craig. Just installed my CAI from Justin about a week ago and I love it.

Attachments

• CAI Installed.jpg
    CAI Installed.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 205
Craig said:

Ditto.......................and

Pah lease tell us you werent really considering sending money to JH???:dontknow:

Never ever EVER attach jumper cables to your nuts........er I mean send money to JH!!!! Got it?:D

patrick

Craig said:

Here here!!

Bro, I live less than a mile from Justin's shop. I've been there many times. Let me tell you that from the time you order to the time he makes the product and ships it quality and craftsmanship and service is the best I have see. I speak from experience that you will be 100% satisfied all the way. I've been around hi po products for over 25 years and I can tell you he is top shelf all the way.

hennessey sux i cant stand him. he doesnt even have the courage to email me back about my shit chrome job on my intake. im so pist

JMB = Supporting vendor that helps keep the site going w/ GREAT products & trustworthy

Hennessey = Non-vendor, overpriced; not trustworthy = my opinion.

Nuff said....

Damn, what are you guys trying to say... dont hold... just get it off your chest's!! HAHAHAHAHAHA J/K guys.. I read the thread!!

CAI questions

mauiSRT/10 said:
Ditto.......................and
Pah lease tell us you werent really considering sending money to JH???:dontknow:
Never ever EVER attach jumper cables to your nuts........er I mean send money to JH!!!! Got it?:D
patrick

Aloha Patrick.

Actually, I bought a Hennessey CAI a couple of years ago when he offered SRT-10 Forum members a group buy. Great bling, performed well in cool weather, but I wasn't impressed with the performance in hot weather. I re-installed the OEM air box with a drop in hi-flo AirHog filter, and the performance seemed consistently better, whether hot or cold outside.

The JMB CAI and catch can look awesome, but I'm wondering if there are still "heat soak" issues with it, even with the heat shield.

Thanks all for the feedback. :)

Scott Ross
Billings, Montana

i just bought a new 06 Ram SRT-10 yesterday, and started looking for mods today.

is it true that the Hennessey $495 CAI is really one of those piece of shit $25 generic intakes that he gets drop-shipped to you from random sellers on eBay?

kcsr said:
i just bought a new 06 Ram SRT-10 yesterday, and started looking for mods today.

is it true that the Hennessey $495 CAI is really one of those piece of shit $25 generic intakes that he gets drop-shipped to you from random sellers on eBay?
I'm not sure.....
....but the JMB is much nicer and cheaper and does the job as well if not better.

Congrats on the new ride!

Kevan said:
I'm not sure.....
....but the JMB is much nicer and cheaper and does the job as well if not better.

Congrats on the new ride!

supporting vendor, good rep, made in USA, and it looks like he does great powdercoating work. thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

kcsr said:

Can't comment on the CAI, but he was doing that with the Magnaflow exhaust systems. Usually charged double the cost from others.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back