JMB CAI

jschlee

Reaction score
I have installed the JMB CAI, everything worked out great. there is one thing that I don`t understand.

There are two valvecover breathertubes, the tube on the driver side goes underneath the intake manifold.

If I connect the new JMB tubes, the tube that comes from underneath the intake manifold is not connected anymore.

What should I do with the unconnected tube?

You should have a plastic cap that came with the kit. You just have to cover that opening with that cap. Hope it helps.

Is the cab the black nippel under the bolt? the hose from the intake manifold has a huge vacuum, it is not a problem that this vacuum is gone (for the valvecover breather)

srt10ramcai2.jpg

Looks good....and you dont need the vacuum..that was just part of the emissions control...crankcase gases are sucked back into the combustion chamber........what are those things above the "VIPER" on the valve covers?...nitrious?...picture isnt clear enough for me to tell..

This is a better picture, it is a propane injection kit. Propane is 50% cheaper than gas. Propane has an 100 octane level.

BS00020111.jpg

So I need to cap the nipple (on the right side) how on earth do I get underneath the manifold???

BS00020165.jpg

The propane system is working perfect!!

I have received a lot of questions about the system, I start a new thread and explain how it works.

jschlee said:
So I need to cap the nipple (on the right side) how on earth do I get underneath the manifold???

BS00020165.jpg

You should be able to reach under and cap it...unless something to do with the propane injection blocks it....:dontknow:

jschlee said:
The propane system is working perfect!!

I have received a lot of questions about the system, I start a new thread and explain how it works.

Looking forward to that thread!! Sounds really interesting.

jschlee said:

BS00020165.jpg
I was able to reach under the intake and put the cap on and was even able to put the zip tie on to hold it on. Good luck:)

When I bought Woody's CAI it didn't come with all the stuff on the left side of this picture or that long tube on the bottom... Would I be able to purchase the hoses and little clamps from Justin?
srt10ramcai2.jpg

Venom Power said:
When I bought Woody's CAI it didn't come with all the stuff on the left side of this picture or that long tube on the bottom... Would I be able to purchase the hoses and little clamps from Justin?
srt10ramcai2.jpg

You should... But you could also just home chepo it as well. just plastic tubing, clips, and a cap.

TREKER said:
You should... But you could also just home chepo it as well. just plastic tubing, clips, and a cap.

Nah, no HomeCheapo here bro.. I sent Justin a PM earlier and wouldn't ya know it? He responded with a great answer on great prices (for some other stuff I need) and he will tie up the loose ends I have for a great looking and performing install.. I guess Justin has that way of hypnotising people with extra cash laying around. I'm certainly hooked..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back