Jmb intake

Chingp40hands

Reaction score
Want to order a jmb intake. Anyone own it any hp gain? I searched around here and seen in the posts that there is no hp gains is this true?. bought my project srt10 quadcab with no intake so I thought I might as well go aftermarket. And wanted something that would get here quick I see I vcan lay for 3 day shilling. And color match it to my valve covers!

We just did a QC with a custom cam dyno tune session. The last pull we removed the JMB air intake and ran open throttle body (single blade billet TB) to see if it was any restriction anywhere in the curve. The truck made the same or less power (within 3-4whp) the entire curve, no where did it make more power without the air intake. I have performed this test on a heads/cam truck, and a stock internals truck as well in the past and it has produced the same results.

During that session we would wait about 15 minutes between each pull to get accurate results. The coolant temperature and cool down process was the same for each pull to make it completely fair.

I have never compared it to a stock airbox, but I would find it difficult to believe a corrugated tube with a much smaller filter could make the same power as a smooth shorter tube with a huge filter. One thing is for sure, a JMB intake is not a restriction for 99%+ of NA guys.

I started to get excited when he asked about JMB intake, then Justin said AIR intake. .......

I thought, FINALLY, a way around those pesky intake bolts

mine

I really like mine. Sounds like my QC was the one on the dyno, he was referring too..!

Attachments

• DSC00167.JPG
    DSC00167.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 385
I have a JMB intake and love it. Look great, sounds great and the best part is it cleans up the engine bay :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back