JMB Performance CAI Installed

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin at JMB set me up with his CAI kit, got it powdercoated black, shipped fast and installs in little time. Gives the truck a nice growl when mashing the gas and is a nice addition under the hood

Mine arrives tomorrow.
Mine will be installed tomorrow. :)

My pictures, however, won't be 2592 x 1944.

I'll post pics of a Red/Red combination (in a black RC) once I get the tubing issues sorted out.

NOTE: The technical service and customer service from Justin at JMB is flat-out awesome. None of this "press 1 for intake question; press 2 for directions". You email- he answers. You call- he answers. Refreshing in this time of automation.

I am reading allot of mixed reviews on CAI's and some which state actual lower HP on the dyno. Does anyone have some actual results to share, and I am looking at a stage II PCM upgrade from Boomer is a CAI system needed?

No CAI required. Boomer will tell you that he and DC Performance have both documented "losses" in power...great bling effect, nice sound improvement but surly no help in performance. But lots of us have them...

What are your future plans...if boost is in your future...don't spend the money, if you are not going to turbo or supercharge, then it is your choice, but don't let anyone tell you that they "feel" an increase in power...the dyno's don't lie...well most of them don't...

ahhhh, so you can keep Kevan's battery box tray too!

I saw the drop-in and the CAI on the DYNO have about the same performance increase. However, this is sitting on a dyno, not going 55 mph down the road with colder air coming in.

No documented increase on a dyno, BUT you might notice that most of the guys posting the 12 sec slips have CAIs. :dontknow:

I'm not saying that's why, just sayin I noticed it. :confused:

That plus the bling factor is why I decided to get one.

I *really like* my JMB CAI. Under WOT, it's not quite as loud as the Volant, but it still sounds great. I've noticed a very minor increase in MPG as well. I don't dyno, so no numbers for ya. Sorry.

The best part, however, has been the customer service from JMB. I asked to try something a little different, and JMB sent parts right over. No questions asked....but he did want feedback as to how well my tweaks worked. :)

For me, it was a great investment.

Sorry about not posting pics yet. I'll get some up ASAP.

who cares what improvements are ... it sounds cool and looks cool:rock:... i coulda sworn i had better throttle response my cai installed<shrug>

Alright, just wanted to make sure everyone is happy with their JMB CAI's. I sounds like this is the cheaper way to go instead of Volant or other systems. Ive got money since its payday and im ready to buy. Just wanted to make sure this is the one to go with. The price definitely looks good and from what ive heard the product is top quality. Is the sound you get under the hood during acceleration worth the $$? Also, did anyone notice a better, quicker acceleration after ditching the stock airbox/coffin?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back