JMB Performance/PBJ Custom Cams, tons of options available

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Getting some stuff ready for the new website and thought I would throw this out there:

JMB Performance and PBJ have collaborated to design and test many different profiles over the years to come up with a line of readily available custom camshafts. All JMB/PBJ camshafts are ground by Competition cams to our specifications (some with proprietary lobe designs) on induction hardened cores for exceptional durability and long life. These are tested and proven designs that will pick up everywhere in the usable power range in both horsepower and torque. They are ground for a very broad power band with a noticeable but not radical idle, and are easy to tune. Your build is unique and a one size fits all cam is never the best choice; so we offer custom camshafts in different levels for naturally aspirated, nitrous, blower, and turbo applications.

All cams are $675 Valvetrain packages and pushrods are listed below as well, with pricing.

Naturally Aspirated:

NA58X - 22X/23X duration @ .050 lift - .57X/.58X lift with 1.7 rocker 114 CL

This NA58X grind is specifically designed for Naturally Aspirated applications that are stock or bolt on's only in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck. Stock drivability, huge low/mid range torque, very easy on valvetrain, focuses on durability/longevity

Requires single spring valve train kit

NA62X - 22X/23X duration @ .050 lift - .62X/.62X lift with 1.7 rocker 113 CL

This NA62X grind is specifically designed for Naturally Aspirated applications that are stock or bolt on's only in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2500+ RPM stall converter. Stock drivability, tons of midrange, great for mild viper build or the heavier truck build focused on torque.

NA63X - 23X/23X duration @ .050 lift - .62X/.63X lift with 1.7 rocker 113 CL

This NA63X grind is specifically designed for Naturally Aspirated applications that are full bolt on's with/without ported heads in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2800+ RPM stall converter. Great drivability, peak power 6000+ RPM, torque gains everywhere above 2500rpm. 100+whp/wtq gain with typical bolt on's over stock.

Requires dual spring valve train kit

NA65X - 23X/24X duration @ .050 lift - .65X/.63X lift with 1.7 rocker 112 CL

This NA65X grind is specifically designed for Naturally Aspirated applications that are full bolt on's with ported heads and increased compression in a viper car or reduced weight viper truck. Minimum 6500 RPM redline. Will work in full weight viper truck but trades low end torque for high rpm power.

Nitrous:

N62X - 22X/23X duration @ .050 lift - .62X/.62X lift with 1.7 rocker 114 CL

This N62X grind is specifically designed for Nitrous applications that are stock or bolt on's only in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2500+ RPM stall converter. Exhaust lobe designed specifically for valvetrain stability with nitrous use. Recommended for up to 200hp shot.

N63X - 23X/23X duration @ .050 lift - .63X/.62X lift with 1.7 rocker 114 CL

This N63X grind is specifically designed for Nitrous applications that are full bolt on's with/without ported heads in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2800+ RPM stall converter. Exhaust lobe designed specifically for valvetrain stability with nitrous use. Recommended for 150hp+ shot.

Blower:

B62X - 22X/24X duration @ .050 lift - .62X/.62X lift with 1.7 rocker 114 CL

This B62X grind is specifically designed for Blower applications that are full bolt on's with stock/mild ported heads in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2500+ RPM stall converter. Recommended for 6-12psi.

B63X - 23X/24X duration @ .050 lift - .62X/.63X lift with 1.7 rocker 114 CL

This B63X grind is specifically designed for Blower applications that are full bolt on's with stock/mild ported heads in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2800+ RPM stall converter. Recommended for built engines running over 10 psi.

B64X - 23X/24X duration @ .050 lift - .64X/.63X lift with 1.7 rocker 114 CL

This B64X grind is specifically designed for Blower applications that are full bolt on's with ported or upgraded heads in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 3200+ RPM stall converter. Recommended for built engines running over 15 psi, minimum 6500 RPM redline.

Turbocharged:

T62X - 23X/23X duration @ .050 lift - .62X/.62X lift with 1.7 rocker 114 CL

This T62X grind is specifically designed for Turbo applications that are full bolt on's with stock/mild ported heads in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2500+ RPM stall converter. Very versatile cam that can work in low or high boost applications and have excellent drivability.

T63X - 23X/23X duration @ .050 lift - .63X/.63X lift with 1.7 rocker 115 CL

This T63X grind is specifically designed for Turbo applications that are full bolt on's with ported or upgraded heads in a viper car, 6 speed viper truck or automatic viper truck that also has an aftermarket 2800+ RPM stall converter. Recommended for built engines running over 10 psi.

Custom:
We can custom grind any cam for any application. Call or email me with a detailed build list and we can build for your specific application.

Valvetrain Packages:

Single Spring Valvetrain Package
This single spring valvetrain package is designed specifically for our smaller and midsized custom camshafts. Can be used with any of our 62X and smaller series cams, however the Dual Spring Valvetrain Package is a nice low cost upgrade for the 62X series of camshafts. Includes single springs, locators, and valve seals.

Price $399

Dual Spring Valvetrain Package
This dual spring valvetrain package is designed specifically for our larger custom camshafts. Can be used with any of our camshafts except the NA58X camshaft. Includes dual springs, titanium retainers, locators, and valve seals.

Price $425

Pushrods:

Available in 5/16 for 90% of camshafts we sell or 3/8 in. Diameter for severe duty. Made from 4130 Chromoly, 0.080 wall. Avaialbe in multiple lengths, each application must be checked for proper length. Set of 20

5/16" Chromoly
Price $169

3/8 Chromoly
Price $189

Pushrod Length Checker
Price $19

Last edited:
Gen3 Stock vs. NA63X cam with bolt-ons (headers/exhaust/air intake/throttle body)

9046681626_5698242672_c.jpg

Stock Gen 2 B64X cam with Procharger, you can see the cam levels off around 6000 rpm (needs ported heads). About 650wtq at 3000 rpm, definitely a broad power band.

14241217785_9c3d151618_c.jpg

Stock with bolt ons and B62X cam vs. Procharged with same cam. Even when used in NA application its still about 40-50whp stronger than stock (doesnt pick up as much torque as proper NA cam would). Excellent combination of parts like this make great power everywhere.

6854356715_aea743f6ff_z.jpg

B64X cam with stock heads. You can see the powerband is shifted to the right (makes peak torque almost 1000 rpm later) vs the B62X cam above, but with the bigger blower/more boost it still has huge power/torque everywhere. Needs better heads to pull past 6300.

15671882881_327d7097b4_c.jpg

Last edited:
So what would the price be on everything i need for the N63x? with the cam spring package for a 05 RC

$1288 with a pushrod length checker. The gaskets should be reusable if not damaged upon removal (front cover, valve covers, and oil pan), if you replace them all you would be around $1500 like Charlie said. Heads/intake/headers, etc. all stay on. You will need a custom tune with any camshaft change.

I would like to know differences in power between the NA63X and the N63X when using it for daily na and then with nitrous on the weekends?

They would make almost identical power, the NA very slightly more power, the N20 slightly wider power band and easier on exhaust valvetrain when spraying. It would take a trained eye to notice it on a dyno graph NA vs NA. Alot of these cams can go in other applications and work great, but if you are paying it, you might as well get exactly what you want. If you are spraying anything 100hp or more, I would definitely go the N63X over the NA cam.
Justin

Justin,

those Kind of "explaining" threads makes it what to my understanding a real tuner is all about !

Giving the products names or codes makes it even easier to really talk what we Need or where to start from !

Thanks a lot for this detailed comparison and Explanation.

Will soon order 1 or 2 kits for my german colleagues !

All the best and once again a good start in your new home :D

Arne

I would love one of these kits too. I want to go the NA route, still gotta get a full exhaust first. But the only thing keeping me from doing engine work is that I don't know or trust anyone in my area. Well, that and money! :dontknow:

Any machine work required for the double valve spring? And for the n63 would you recommend going to the thinner head gasket or just leave the stocker?

They are drop in. If you don't mind the labor go for it, its not required though.

Justin

I want one of these NA cam packages. I can almost hear it now lol. Maybe after holidays this will be possible. :rock::rock:

Question for you on the tuning.
I really like the na cam for my project but want to use an sct.
I have been on multiple forums for a long time and here great things about torrie. Is it possible for him to tune your custom cams?

I've used stock rockers at 1100whp with no issues. Unless you have a pretty radical setup I'm completely comfortable with them.
Justin

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back