John Hennesey "TunerSchool"

Rjm84

Reaction score
I've had a million cars that ive put a bazillion dollars into and never really learned a whole lot about how cars and trucks work. I'd really love to learn how to dyno my own vehics rather then taking it to someone. It's something i'm sure I cuold get really good at. I'm curious if anyone has heard about this "TunerSchool"...I realize some of it is just his name on the thing to make money but after speaking to some people who knew about it, it might actually be a fairly good program to pull some knowledge from. + working next to the strip and getting all the free time I want would be fun.

Anyone have any input/knowldge about this "Tuner School"

Go to the SCT school in florida. They teach everything (including dyno)stay away from JH wanabe''s. Then when you get something setup, you pay Torrie from unleashed tuning and Sean Roe to give you a real tune session.;) :D

TNVIPER said:
A JH "Tuner School"????...LOL....are you completely new around the forums?....:confused:

But, we won't be too hard on him now. will we?

Bro, JH is a longstanding dirty word around these parts, sorry.

Beware....

D

Welcome to the nest. I don't mean to sound like a ........ or anything but if ya spent a wad of hard earned dough on a bunch of cars (or whatever) did ya pick up some experiences along the way? I'm try'in to figure out what burnt hydraulic fluid smells like... Been a long time since I owned a manual shifter...

Oh man he mention the forbidden name around here! LOL.....Go to the SCT school mentioned about bud!

steer clear of JH, just a friendly piece of advice. he's screwed up more than one truck around here.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:toilet:

eddie102870 said:
steer clear of JH, just a friendly piece of advice. he's screwed up more than one truck around here.

a 20k+ build and ran out of $$ then another 10 to 15k to make it right and run strong now another 10k to finish it

F%#k John Hennesey !

my advise to you is to stay clear from him no matter what you think you getting out of it - you WONT !!!

Hum....I just bought a Hennesey upgrade truck. This sounds very encouraging. What a way to start off owning a truck. Oh well, too late now.

NettlesD said:
Hum....I just bought a Hennesey upgrade truck. This sounds very encouraging. What a way to start off owning a truck. Oh well, too late now.

How many miles? .... It's probably been gone through again if it's got over 20-30k miles after the JH work.

Oh, and you were WARNED about Hennessey on another thread you started last month..... ;)

Last edited:
Black1 said:
How many miles? .... It's probably been gone through again if it's got over 20-30k miles after the JH work.

Oh, and you were WARNED about Hennessey on another thread you started last month..... ;)

It's got 36,xxx after me driving it back.

Ya, I know, so we'll see down the road.

NettlesD said:
It's got 36,xxx after me driving it back.

Ya, I know, so we'll see down the road.

Really, in actuality..... I haven't heard many horror stories about the lower hp builds. They are basically bolt-ons and a tune (which I would have the tune redone by Torrie if I were you). It's the larger HP builds (twin turbos, etc) that have had major issues.

The original owner just got HOSED on parts and labor prices if he went with JH on the 600 and 700 series upgrades. :eek: Let's hope yours runs well and there are no issues. :)

Black1 said:
Let's hope yours runs well and there are no issues. :)

Yea, that's all I'm asking for anyway. I'm not a drag racer or anything but I do like a fast vehicle but I'm not so sure I even know what 540 rwhp is suppose to feel like.

wow you guys are some haterz i live 20 mins from henneseys shop and all there cars and trucks are beasts!!! all the ppl that i have talked to that he has worked on there cars have nothin bad to say other than they love there car! im sure he has had his ups and downs but really yall hate him that much?? not that i care just had to let that out lol (flame suit on)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back