Just a Glass etching

Hotrodmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we have gotten the process down finally . I know you guys complemented me on the other stuff I posted but to be honest . I didn't like the way they were coming out , so we kept working out the problems . So I kinda had to post this just to show we got better .
I also thought about the question of me supplying stencils with some etch creame and It just doesnt feel good ,there are too many things to go wrong with useing an acid and the etch is so fine it really doesnt look as good . Now if anyone has played with this stuff and gets their own acid I would be more than happy to cut a stencil but I guess a kit like that is just not something I would put my name on and sell to you guys .
The pic looka a little light on top but is not it is just very hard to photograph glass, but we did get rid of the blotchy appearance :D ,it's etched on a 6x8 curved bevel glass with a black backround . We also lucked out and got invited to an invitation only Art Showing and sale with some high end artists so that should be interesting to say the least :D :D :D
Have A Kind Day
Mike

It looks good Mike, I'm sure your right about the pic not doing it justice.....oh....have a kind day..:D

That just amassing Mike....

Looks awsome..really nice craftmanship...

Stefan...:coffee:

Thank You very much ! I try . O hell forget that I'm jus anal bout things .
Funny thing is everyone who has seen it said basicly the same thing
"Nice work WHO IS SHE ?" ROFLMAO
Have A Kind Day
Mike
PS I do not take credit for the kind day line as it came from a monk I did some study with who at every parting would convey the message " Have A very kind life " I figured since I never studied under the Dali Lamma I would start out with a day at a time <G> and be sincere.

Well, since the mail order acid stencil approach won't work...we need Bill to come up with an easy way to remove the moving window so that it can be sent to you to etch...

Another idea...how about you etch on a piece of glass that is designed to be some how bonded with the existing sliding window...just added to it...

Sorry Mike, my life has been years and years of thinking out of the box to try to create new businesses.

How about it? Can we find a way to make Mike's hobby/skill/art a business?

I want an etched Viper Head rear window...with the word "Supercharged" under it. Maybe I will just have to arrange to have you repaint the truck and while it is in your shop...get the etching done! Road Trip:rock: :rock: :rock:

Prof said:
Well, since the mail order acid stencil approach won't work...we need Bill to come up with an easy way to remove the moving window so that it can be sent to you to etch...

Another idea...how about you etch on a piece of glass that is designed to be some how bonded with the existing sliding window...just added to it...

Sorry Mike, my life has been years and years of thinking out of the box to try to create new businesses.

How about it? Can we find a way to make Mike's hobby/skill/art a business?

I want an etched Viper Head rear window...with the word "Supercharged" under it. Maybe I will just have to arrange to have you repaint the truck and while it is in your shop...get the etching done! Road Trip:rock: :rock: :rock:
Thanks for the vote of confidance . I would love to get this going ,mostly for the wife to get her off all the BS jobs she does every week and the Glass Haus is her company. She loves working at the winery but employeers are ass holes so she gets over worked and under paid or just flat ass used ,which I hate but like most the few schillings puts meat on the table .
Box !!!!! Whats a box :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :D I aint a good follower so out of the box is where I stay .They said I was stupid for doing a Rod shop before TV showed it was cool ,strange for making copper flowers etc. but normal jobs never gave me any motivation (boring).
I dont know on this question so I will toss it out ,does the whole window assy have to come out of the back or can the sliders be taken out seperate ???
Laminating glass over glass would be tricky and I'm not sure if it would not look like shit unless you could get the adhesive very uniform like some type of film
Hey the road trip works fer me ROFLMAO
Silver dont say that I have seen lot of primate art and it looks as good as some hairless variants of primates work !!!:rock:
Have A Kind Day
Mike
PS With the warm reception this got ,I can only say I wished youse guys was my customer base :D :D :D

Very nice work Mike.

Guys the moving piece of glass in sliding unit of our trucks is very easy to remove. Anyone can do it. All you have to do is go inside the truck and look at the upper track that the glass slides in. It is made of plastic, slide the glass open, then with small pliers grab the plastic upper track at the end on the drivers side. Gently pull the track down, then slide it towards the drivers side of the truck, until it is all the way out. Now simply lift the glass up as far as it can go, then slip the bottom of the glass out of it track, and you are done. Simply reverse the process to re install.

Its the whole unit that is a Bitch to remove.

I also have a couple of used sliding panels here so if Mike wanted to do something like this, it could be done on a swap basis.

Bill.

I should also mention that the 06 ram is a different sliding unit, so the center panel is a different size. The 06 one is wider than the 02-05 one. You can put an 06 one in the 02-05, but it will over lap the side panel by about 1.5 inches.

I hope this helps.

Bill.

OK Mike there is our answer...

When I get my truck back from Detroit, are you ready to get my sliding window done? Maybe I should just go order one and send it to you? I am always the prototype...I will want a Viper head with the word "Supercharged" underneath.

Silverback said:
Looks nice Mike.

While I have absolutely no artistic ability,:( I do enjoy viewing it.:)

I hear you Silver..My idea of art is "Dogs Playing Poker" on velvet...:dontknow: :D

I wouldnt know good art from bad if it jumped up and bit me in the ass...:eek:

Mike, that etching looks nice, but as I said. what do i know?...:dontknow: :D

Roy I have a couple of used center panels, if you want one I can give it to you so you can have Mike etch it while you keep yours in the truck til the finished one comes back.

Just let me know.

Bill.

Send it to Mike...I am also going to order one from DC to see the cost and turn-around time (I'll send it to you to replace the one you are sending...I bet you and Mike can get them at wholesale or better, with your contacts.

Roy

Roy do not order a new one. I can get them much cheaper. I will send one to Mike so he can make you one how you want it. Just don't spend money on one because I can get them.

Bill.

Back