just bought a 6 thousand dollar moter that is junk.

sprayurazz

Reaction score
I am not gong to mention the name of the company yet. My mechanis got the motor installed Friday and it sounds terible. He put the scope in two holes and both were beat to hell and back. The motor has a warenty but they say they don't pay labor. And by the way everybody on here is familiar wiyh this company. I have paid my part to get it installed and who's to say the next motor the send is no good. Any suggestions?

is it new or used and i feel sorry for u bro if u can when ur allowed pm name business so i can be carefull and its not cheap for labor when ripping out installing then ripping out now out more down time and gotta install again and pray it works i wish u luck im here for u if need somebody talk to

Have you tried x2builders.com they have salvaged vipers and trucks they part out cheap

6k....

Not to be a jerk, but the price alone should have told you it wasn't in perfect shape. How was it presented when you saw it for sale "as is", "totally rebuilt" ?????

What were(are) the details of the warranty, because that is your only option (I would guess)

what speciffically did the warranty say? I will try to help you but need more info

They stated it was a stock motor with 4o thousand miles than ran fine and had a 30 day warenty.

They even sent a new oil cooler with instrutions to use it and flush orginal lines.

I hope you figure out the best way to get it fixed/returned without spending all your cash. X2 is ok...they seem really high to me, but they are selling specialty parts.

Nope thats not the problem, First of all I have paid a thousand dollars to get it put in, they are saying i need to send it back and they will send me another one that I have to pay a thousand dollars to get put in. Thats what I have a problem with.

Nope thats not the problem, First of all I have paid a thousand dollars to get it put in, they are saying i need to send it back and they will send me another one that I have to pay a thousand dollars to get put in. Thats what I have a problem with.

Thats not there problem, you need to review the warranty specifics and ensure the item is ok before paying someone to install it.

Im sure its stated directly in there terms, right? Did you read them?

It sucks what happened, but thats is why there is fine print.

A good mechanic makes a good friend I've learned, beside are you sure they didn't mess it up when they were putting it in sometime that happens and they don't own up to it

Well since I have not been able to get anywhere with this company since I first spoke with them Sat. morning it was X2 builders that sold me the motor. They have no problem sending me another motor when I send that one back but are not willing to help pay for labor. I have done my part,I paid them and my mechanic to put it in. What happens if they send me another motor that is not any good. Is that my responsibilty too?

A good mechanic makes a good friend I've learned, beside are you sure they didn't mess it up when they were putting it in sometime that happens and they don't own up to it

When looking down in the cylinders you can see that the top of a couple pistons had something beating on them like a peice of a ring or a ring land but there is no marks on the plugs and I know from past experience if you have that much damage on top of the piston the end of the plug is going to show it usually "gone" but there are no marks at all on the plugs. Just a guess would be that someone hurt the moter couldn't afford to fix it put a set of plugs in it and wrecked it to get out from under it.........

why are you paying "a few thousand" to install it?

don't take this the wrong way but that seems terribly high to me... hell, for "a few thousand" i'll come up and do it myself!

to answer your question, MOST used items, or hell, even new items themselves are covered for instances like this but DO NOT include labor...

if i install a sliding door in your house, whether new or used, and the track breaks... you get a replacement door, would you expect me to come out and install another one for nothing?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back