Just got me a new ride!! Questions!

viperpwred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an '09 charger srt8 super bee. It already has magnaflows on it and a cold air intake but the person who did the exhaust just swapped the mufflers which brings me to my question:
1) should I swap out the pipes (they look like they're already 3"... I have yet to confirm this)
2). I want to add an x-pipe or h-pipe. Any thoughts as to whether it's worth it or not and if ya, which is better?
Any input greatly appreciated

stock exhaust is 2.75" on charger srt, at lease that is what my 06 has.
Congrats on new ride.

I'll post some pics tomorrow morning when I get home from work. I drove the beast today ;-)

I drove the beast today ;-)

Sounds like you got two beasts. :D

If your going to bother doing an x pipe you may as well do 3 inch pipes from the headers back but the problem with that is that you already have muffers with 2.75" inlets so you'll have to use reducers on the pipes to make it fit righht either that or just get new mufflers, it all comes down to how much money you wanna spend.

Has anyone heard of these "slr performance chips". I was looking under the hood today and it appears whoever had the car installed one of these. I tried searching the net for info but found mixed opinions. To me it sounds too good to be true, however the throttle response does seem to be pretty sharp ( though I have no basis for comparison as I only drove the car with it installed). I think I'm just gonna go ahead and remove it just so I don't have to worry about it and I'll get a programmer for it later. Does anybody know about these things if ya how can i remove it. Just cut the wires connecting it.
I'll have pics up tomorrow including pics of this slr chip.

3f0e9342.jpg

Only pic I have for now

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back