Just installed Caltracs

05' Dodge said:
Are the caltracs still good if you drive the truck on a daily basis? I've been thinkin of getting some.

Still evaluating as this is my daily driver as well. I think they are fine though. The only thing I want to do is leave them set up a little looser and then put a pad under the contact point on the spring so that the Caltracs don't clank over rough roads with them set up loose. When the truck is at the top of the suspension travel, they are not even touching the spring. When the truck is compressed, they are putting major force on the spring.

The problem with them set up tight is that they get tighter as the suspension compresses. So, they make the spring rate very non-linear (not necessarily a bad thing). But, with them tight, the springs can get a little too stiff. Setting them up looser with a plastic or urethane pad on the spring might be the ideal set up for a daily driver.

Last edited:
WOT said:
Still evaluating as this is my daily driver as well. I think they are fine though. The only thing I want to do is leave them set up a little looser and then put a pad under the contact point on the spring so that the Caltracs don't clank over rough roads with them set up loose. When the truck is at the top of the suspension travel, they are not even touching the spring. When the truck is compressed, they are putting major force on the spring.

The problem with them set up tight is that they get tighter as the suspension compresses. So, they make the spring rate very non-linear (not necessarily a bad thing). But, with them tight, the springs can get a little too stiff. Setting them up looser with a plastic or urethane pad on the spring might be the ideal set up for a daily driver.

I would love to see something like that set up WOT, i want to get a set but i just want to enjoy the easy burnouts before i get a set....I already have DR's for when i really need to hook:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back