Just lookin under my truck

jbilledeaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled my truck in the shop to wrap the exhaust because it was rubbing my leaf spring hanger, and one of my techs thought that my p/s rack was leaking, after lookin noticed the damn oil cooler lines are leaking, I'm just glad it's still under warranty. I've noticed that this seems to be a common problem, I was just wonderin how long these should last before I will have to pay for it out of my own pocket? Oh well for now warranty is good!!

ive had 3 sets installed by dealer, they all leak. i only have 20,000 miles. i just bought Stinkers oil lines, even though my warranty is still valid, its a pain in the ass to take it in every 6 months for new ones. Stinkers have a lifetime warranty, and i've heard they don't leak...at all!!!

FastSRT19 said:
ive had 3 sets installed by dealer, they all leak. i only have 20,000 miles. i just bought Stinkers oil lines, even though my warranty is still valid, its a pain in the ass to take it in every 6 months for new ones. Stinkers have a lifetime warranty, and i've heard they don't leak...at all!!!
I've on got 19k on mine and i just noticed it, and it's not that big of a deal being that I work as a service advisor here, but if they give up again, which it seems like it will happen, I will switch to Stinker's:rock:

jbilledeaux said:
I've on got 19k on mine and i just noticed it, and it's not that big of a deal being that I work as a service advisor here, but if they give up again, which it seems like it will happen, I will switch to Stinker's:rock:

seems like i'm the only one that has had a line bust, the rubber hose split at the crimp. :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Stinker's is the best way to go. great peice of mind & no mess:rock: :rock: :rock:

Same here on leakey lines, under $200 for Stinkers lines. Replaced them yesterday. I went through two sets of factory lines. Have 19K on my truck. Not hard to replace. Very easy to get to if you take off the passenger wheel and fender liner. Use a pick or small thin screwdriver to pry off U shaped retaining clip under black dust cover on stock lines. Remove the clip and pull out the quick connect lines. Have a pan under it, some oil will leak out and also be in the lines so drop them in the pan when removed. Stock fittings are 1 1/14 inch and Stinker's fittings are 1". I happened to have deep sockets that big and it made life much easier. Would have been tough with an adjustable wrench to get at the fittings on the block.

Get the lines and stop fooling with the stock ones. The last set I had was the supposed fixed ones via a TSB. Lasted about 10 months. Good fix!!!

59caddyhog said:
How much are Stinkers lines and are they just a bolt on replacement???

Cheers,Hog.

have to go to his store for prices or PM him.

yep, simple bolt on upgrade:rock: :rock: :rock:

These are Stinkers lines...easy to do, takes about 30 mins.
oil-lines.jpg

FastSRT19 said:
These are Stinkers lines...easy to do, takes about 30 mins.
oil-lines.jpg

are those the Lifetime lines?????

yes they are..Stinker told me those are the only ones he has now..the lines w/ lifetime warranty

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

SlvrSnake said:
Same here on leakey lines, under $200 for Stinkers lines. Replaced them yesterday. I went through two sets of factory lines. Have 19K on my truck. Not hard to replace. Very easy to get to if you take off the passenger wheel and fender liner. Use a pick or small thin screwdriver to pry off U shaped retaining clip under black dust cover on stock lines. Remove the clip and pull out the quick connect lines. Have a pan under it, some oil will leak out and also be in the lines so drop them in the pan when removed. Stock fittings are 1 1/14 inch and Stinker's fittings are 1". I happened to have deep sockets that big and it made life much easier. Would have been tough with an adjustable wrench to get at the fittings on the block.

Get the lines and stop fooling with the stock ones. The last set I had was the supposed fixed ones via a TSB. Lasted about 10 months. Good fix!!!

That should be 1 1/4 not 1 1/14. Sorry about that.

Someone needed another set of lines and I am so sorry but dont remember who it was:dontknow:

but it was for there dad, if this was you please give me a hollar:D

My dealer installed Stinker's oil lines free under warranty...They gave me the factory oil lines which I sold to help pay for Stinkers....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back