Just purchased a venomous truck!

moparmagic

Reaction score
Just got my 04 silver srt 10 on Monday! :) Will post pics etc. later. Have a couple general questions. How can I find out which production # the truck is? the truck doesn't have the manual that comes w/ the truck, so what kind of oil, how many quarts...(I'm assuming full synthetic) or how can I get one of those manuals? I'll have more as time goes on, gotta get the spray in liner and thinking of cold air intake... any thoughts, or dont do the intake?

Welcome to the RBC! the truck takes 8.5qts of Mobil 1 0w-40 and i'm
sure one of our vendors could hook you up with the rest :D Btw, where
are you located in VA? I'm in the Chantilly/Leesburg area :rock:

Regards,

Andrew

aparently stock intake is the only ture cold air intake , it takes air from the wheel well... Put in a drop in K&N...

make sure you check your rear tailshaft seal. i just got an 04 and its needs to be updated with a few things to make the seal from leaking.

moparmagic said:
Just got my 04 silver srt 10 on Monday! :) Will post pics etc. later. Have a couple general questions. How can I find out which production # the truck is? the truck doesn't have the manual that comes w/ the truck, so what kind of oil, how many quarts...(I'm assuming full synthetic) or how can I get one of those manuals? I'll have more as time goes on, gotta get the spray in liner and thinking of cold air intake... any thoughts, or dont do the intake?
You can do a search on oil at the blue bar,Top of page. But i believe call out for 04 is 10-30. At this point it's mostly preference. A drop in K & N would be about $50.00. Welcome:rock:

Welcome to the RBC :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Welcome to the family

Mobil 1 10w30

Also check the crank pulley before you drive it another mile. The bolt has a habit of coming loose...seriously.

Prof said:
Mobil 1 10w30

Also check the crank pulley before you drive it another mile. The bolt has a habit of coming loose...seriously.
\\

Yep listen to this comment. This is verrrrrry Important and you think it wont happen to you.. trust me .. that's what I did..

I was like pffft these chumps have there bolts coming lose this wont happen to me.. and a few miles later the fucker came right off.. go out there and check it immediately

Welcome to the Viper Truck Club! Remember to check your clutch fluid as well as your crank bolt. Those are the first things I checked. Clutvh fluid was low and when filled, fixed my issue gear shifting issue!

Howdy, welcome from the wild west..........the fellers are givein good advice, VTCOA rules.............:rock: :D :rock:

Welcome and Congrats :rock: Yep listen to these guys they definitely know what they are talking about :rock: Get your oil cooler lines from Stinker, your gonna need em. Get your cats removed and put some powersticks on the beast :D

Welcome, Where in VA are you located? I am in SE VA, Norfolk/VB/Chesapeake area

you're 5 years late!:D You have a lot of reading to do now, you know that do you?

enjoy your stay.:rock:

Mobile 1 10w30. If you're going to use 8.5 qts. I suggest you check the oil level. You shouldn't need more than 9.5 qts. Also, use only Mopar oil filters. If you use anything else you may hear a moaning sound at cold startup. Mopar filters can be purchased at Chrysler for 10-12 bucks, but Wal-Mart sells the right sized Mopar filter for like 4 bucks each. I bought about 10 at one time.

you guys rock :rock: I appreciate all the advice, I will def. go out and check the the above mentioned parts and fluids. and for the guys in Va. asking where, I'm right outside of Leesburg.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back