Just saying Hi,

Status
Not open for further replies.

English

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I would leave a message to say hi and, am I glad I found you!

I am an Englishman that has just moved to the USA and am finding my way about. I moved to the Atlanta area and am having a great time. When I moved here I needed a car so went shopping and found a Dodge dealer. The car I bought was a brand new Charger, Daytona addition. 5.7L Hemi with 355HP. Then I went out to find somewhere to ride my mountain bike. It didn't take long to find that the charger looked silly with a bike rack on the back and that 33HP was not all it was cracked up to be. This is when I fell in love.

I had owned the Charger for about 4 months and wanted to take it back. I was going into the dealer to make some enquires when I saw my love. There she was, she was a big girl but hey, what can I say, some people don't like em big but for me it was love at first sight. A 2005 SRT10. I knew what a Viper was but I had know idea about the SRT10, Oh man was I in for a treat.

I am a self confessed petrol head and have had many cars in the UK including a classic 1983 Porsche 911sc, I had had some track time and took part in semi serious kart racing for about 3 years and was sad to give it up to move to the USA but it had to be done.

I have now owned my SRT10 for about 1 week and am in awe of it, this truck is it for me. I have no mods as yet but I expect the impending sale of my house in the UK will help me to finance a new exhaust, if not a few more treats. I paid 35K for my truck with 8.3K on the clock just 4 days ago am well happy.

As fas as gas consumption goes I am happy too. I get about 14MPG high way and about 9 City. Right now it's about $2.20 per gallon in ATL which isn't bad when you consider 4 months ago in the UK I was paying about $9.00 per gallon. In my deal I've managed to get the dealer to throw in a new set of tyres as I found vibration on the test drive. Just as well really because upon reading this forum I see it is a bit of a known issue with the Pirrelli's. Once they are on I expect all will be well. I am just waiting for the dealer to get them in.

Well I just wanted to say hi and give you a little back groud on the Englishman that will be hanging around now.

Any hints and tips on my new truck would be most welcome.

Cheers
English,

Welcome to the RBC!!!!

Nice buy!! We are all in love with ours too!

The exhaust will be good, you may also want to get a Stage II flash and K&N Drop-in Airfilter.

Enjoy it!!

Welcome to your newest addiction alongside ur truck!!!

What ho, English...........

Your introduction was a real smash. I enjoyed the similitude with big girls. If I had a sound clip of Queen singing "Fat bottom girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round", I'd play it.....

Welcome to the asylum. never a dull moment here. You also won't find a better pack to run with anywhere on the net.... You'll find us to be a right bunch'a coconuts...... a real family......dysfunction and all....

Toodle pip......................and Cheers....

SD

Welcome, sorry your in Atlanta......but your still welcome. I was in Birmingham for a stint back in the 90's......I like cold beer best. Best of luck.

English said:
Hi all,

Just thought I would leave a message to say hi and, am I glad I found you!

I am an Englishman that has just moved to the USA and am finding my way about. I moved to the Atlanta area and am having a great time. When I moved here I needed a car so went shopping and found a Dodge dealer. The car I bought was a brand new Charger, Daytona addition. 5.7L Hemi with 355HP. Then I went out to find somewhere to ride my mountain bike. It didn't take long to find that the charger looked silly with a bike rack on the back and that 33HP was not all it was cracked up to be. This is when I fell in love.

I had owned the Charger for about 4 months and wanted to take it back. I was going into the dealer to make some enquires when I saw my love. There she was, she was a big girl but hey, what can I say, some people don't like em big but for me it was love at first sight. A 2005 SRT10. I knew what a Viper was but I had know idea about the SRT10, Oh man was I in for a treat.

I am a self confessed petrol head and have had many cars in the UK including a classic 1983 Porsche 911sc, I had had some track time and took part in semi serious kart racing for about 3 years and was sad to give it up to move to the USA but it had to be done.

I have now owned my SRT10 for about 1 week and am in awe of it, this truck is it for me. I have no mods as yet but I expect the impending sale of my house in the UK will help me to finance a new exhaust, if not a few more treats. I paid 35K for my truck with 8.3K on the clock just 4 days ago am well happy.

As fas as gas consumption goes I am happy too. I get about 14MPG high way and about 9 City. Right now it's about $2.20 per gallon in ATL which isn't bad when you consider 4 months ago in the UK I was paying about $9.00 per gallon. In my deal I've managed to get the dealer to throw in a new set of tyres as I found vibration on the test drive. Just as well really because upon reading this forum I see it is a bit of a known issue with the Pirrelli's. Once they are on I expect all will be well. I am just waiting for the dealer to get them in.

Well I just wanted to say hi and give you a little back groud on the Englishman that will be hanging around now.

Any hints and tips on my new truck would be most welcome.

Cheers
English,
You speak very good English for an Englishman!! :p Congrats on your truck and welcome:D

I hear the petrol prices here are much better than the UK :D

Welcome English.....

I look forward to proving wrong the paradigm...that The English and Americans are 2 peoples seperated by a common language...:D

P.S....don't judge us based on your experiences in Atlanta...we are much more normal in CA....:D

Welcome to the forum, and cheers to ya...:beer:
Congrats on the new ride!:rock:

:beer: :burnout: Welcome to the madhouse, English......Let the mods begin.....:rock:

Silent D said:
What ho, English...........

Your introduction was a real smash. I enjoyed the similitude with big girls. If I had a sound clip of Queen singing "Fat bottom girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round", I'd play it.....

SD

Happy to oblige! Fat Bottom Girls

Wow! Not sure how to take all the welcome replies so I will just say thanks. Having a listen to the tune by Queen now as I write the reply and I can't help thinking this is going to be a blast.

Spent all day cleaning the new ride today and trying to get all the crap of the wheels the previous owner couldn't be bothered to remove. I can't help but think, some people don't know what they have until it's gone or the just don't appreciate it. I have a few things I like to teach people including my 7 year old son when it comes to cars, bikes and engines in general.

Drive it like you stole it!
Respect it!
Look after it!

Now a question for my fellow petrol heads.

What tyres do you run for normal street driving and at what pressure? The door pillar says 38 psi. What do you all think? Also I am aware that Pirelli and Goodyear make tyres for the SRT10 but are there any others that are better?

I know Pirelli have issues with flat spots straight out of the box but is that now old news, or is it still a current issue?

ntw0rk,

How does the PCM flash effect the truck? What characteristics does it change and can it be done in isolation t the other mods?

Hey WAZZSUP, was that Birmingham in the UK or here in the USA?

Wifey,

Yes Petrol prices in the UK are insane around $8.50 per gallon when I was there about 1 month ago. The price was 99.9 pence per litre and there are about 4.52 litres to the gallon. The exchange rate was $1.90 on the pound.
Anyone local to ATL, fancy a beer and some SRT chat?

FlyingLow,

Hehe funny you know, but I thought Silver may be the fastest colour because of the way metallic paint reflects light thus meaning less drag and due to the heat dissipation of the metallic particles in the paint. A cooler surface makes for less friction and heat build up. As every one knows the colder a surface is the faster another object can move across it. As for the QC being a good choice I would like to think of it not as more space inside, but the extra door handles working like super small wings and cutting the air thus making for a sharper handling and faster cornering truck. LOL ah yes the pit lane BS is coming back to me, hehe.

Cheers guys

English,

Welcome to our house, which is now your house. Stay long and keep the beer stocked...

Stretch

English said:
FlyingLow,

Hehe funny you know, but I thought Silver may be the fastest colour because of the way metallic paint reflects light thus meaning less drag and due to the heat dissipation of the metallic particles in the paint. A cooler surface makes for less friction and heat build up. As every one knows the colder a surface is the faster another object can move across it. As for the QC being a good choice I would like to think of it not as more space inside, but the extra door handles working like super small wings and cutting the air thus making for a sharper handling and faster cornering truck. LOL ah yes the pit lane BS is coming back to me, hehe.

Cheers guys

English,

This guy is smart!!!!

I can answer about the PCM flash. The QC's come detuned from the factory and have TRQ mangement. The flashes does several things. But the biggest is take away the TRQ mangement and adjust the timing. The claims are 80 RWHP and 100 FT lbs TRQ. Now this is not max HP/TRQ. You will see these gains in the lower RPM band. Here is a list of all the things a flash does.

STAGE 2(91 or 93 OCT)- Revised aggressive timing & fuel tables(Auto/Manual), Shift point raised to 5950 rpm, Rev limit raised to 6200 rpm, Hyd fan duty cycle modified approx. 15 degrees cooler, Torque management modified(Automatic only).This upgrade has dyno power gains of approx. 80HP/100 ft lbs torque @ 3500 RPM. "Based on 05SRT10 automatic tested at DCPERFORMANCE.

You can also get some good gains by losing the cats or at least going to hi-flows.

Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back