Just test drove Reputah the Beutah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice33

Reaction score
You may have seen this post on another site, but I think I may get more responses here.

I test drove a beautiful Black 05 SRT10 RC today. I love the truck! It had 17XXX miles on it and they wanted $21k for it. The trade-in offer was a little too low so I told them I was going to wait on making a deal and I had to think about it.

Now, on to the problem, or what I think is a problem. When I was test-driving the truck, there was a weird vibration in the driveline between 2000 and 2500 RPMs. The vibration was only there for that time. It did not show up before or after that RPM range.

Is this a common problem/event with this truck or is there something actually wrong? All comments and opinions are welcome!

It might of been just the tires from sitting, they have to warm up a little from being parked.

It was only doing the vibration in that RPM range, if it was the tires, wouldn't they do it at any speed and not just in that RPM range?

I don't know if I want to disclose the location of the truck, someone might go and snatch it up on me! lol

The chance to possibly talk to the original owner out weighs the risk of someone snatching up your truck. However I would lean to the tires. If you are really serious about the truck but worry about the vibe have the dealer through on some new tires or just some 20 inch rims from a hemi for a test drive. If the vibe goes away then that is your problem.

Juice33 said:
It was only doing the vibration in that RPM range, if it was the tires, wouldn't they do it at any speed and not just in that RPM range?

I don't know if I want to disclose the location of the truck, someone might go and snatch it up on me! lol
i dout that when there are ones on this site cheaper than that:dontknow:

Well the truck is in CT since you guys want to know where it is so badly, lol. It is from New York state, I can't remember the name of the city that it was registered in. It was bought by the dealership at a Chrysler auction. It looked like it was completely stock and had never been modified from my inspection, not that that means too much. I have been around my modded vehicles (03 Lightning, 03 Cobra, 04 STi & o6 Evo) so I usually know what to look for, but I have been fooled before.

I never had any driveline vibration on Django2....

Make sure to correct before you buy.....

D

Welcome to the club. Have the dealership check out the truck, driveline vibrations are rare unless it's been lowered.

I already told the dealership that the vibration would have to be fixed before I buy the truck and they assured me that it would be addressed immediately. I think I can get a better deal out of these guys so I am going to move along slowly. I can't imagine these trucks are flying off the lots right now.

The truck was purchased in Tuckahoe, NY and then the owner moved to Farmington, MI according to the carfax in front of me right now.

yeah, i would do some posting and digging to try to find the owner before hand. as far as someone getting it before you...by the way they are selling i would say you are safe from that happening. look at ICeman's truck...he has a good deal going!
pm Iceman

Welcome to the party, these guys know more about these trucks than me so I'll stay outta this one.

Recommend you send the VIN to Stingray...he will get you a build number and you may be able to identify the previous owner from the '05 build list here.

A vibration in a certain RPM range is unusual for a stock height RC...as stated above the only issues I recall were with lowered QC's.

If you decide to jump...you will love the truck!

J. Geils fan hey?

I'd make them fix the truck and get them to lower the price. I picked up my 05 SRT-10 RC just before Christmas off a local high-volume Dodge dealer, 6K original miles, garage kept truck for $21,750 and got a 6 year 36K mile bumper to bumper warranty thrown in.

Attachments

• PS front 3 sm vtcoa.jpg
    PS front 3 sm vtcoa.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back