Just upgraded RB4 to Pioneer AVH-X2500BT

ViperZero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll I finally had enough of that tired RB4 in my 10. My wife, actually. The volume knob wouldn't work anymore and she got tired not being able to control the volume. We have kids so I would have to wait until the steering wheel was straight to lower it. By then they were both either arguing or crying. So she decided I needed a new radio.

I never used the navi because I have an iPhone and the maps are more reliable than the discs for the RB4, or so I have heard. I have changed a many of car stereos and found this one on the more time consuming. While hacking the plastic behind the stock stereo, I was a bit more careful than usual so not to cut any wires.
:chain:

After all of the extras I needed to pickup, it went in smooth. I am not one for being patient, but had no choice with the trim plate switch and the expoxy drying time of 24 hours for full strength. Spiced in the CHTO-02 and a parking brake bypass and hid the wire for the mic and I was done.

It was fun, I would do it again. Now to change that damned ugly grille!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 358
Looks good! I wish mine came with the factory nav unit. Now I have to pay more for a bezel then the dvd/nav unit itself.

It sounds amazing, will have to wait until the snow melt to take it for a windows down cruise. We just got 8 inches of snow and my beast is staying in the driveway until the roads are more clear.

As far as the steering wheel controls, I won't miss them. I never really liked them, it will be one less thing to keep me distracted while I'm driving. There is an option to use them, but to try and fit another wiring harness back there would be an exercise in futility IMO.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back