just wondering eng sound

what size of oil will best for this((???))) ..next run regular oil or synthetic oil

here is pic of my truck

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    718.2 KB · Views: 49
syn. 0 or 5w-40

since you have allready 400 hard miles, go ahead change the oil and the filter, make sure its warm when you do this, and let it drain completly, then replace with whatever oil you plan to run.

normally you can take it in steps, but most likely you have everything pretty much broke in, the thing to kinda stay away from is redline pulls for the first 500-1000 miles, take it to the upper rpms, jsut not at full throttle or a constant top end run, after say another 500 swap the oil again, at that point if you want you can grab a sample and get a sample kit from napa or catapillar and have the oil checked to see if there is any premature bearing piston or ring wear

Or you could get a sample kit from Komatsu/KOWA (NOT CAT). I use them on my vehicles, of course I work for a komatsu dealer, so the KOWA samples are readily available to me, and can't beat the price ;)

how many qt oil the viper eng takes

Or you could get a sample kit from Komatsu/KOWA (NOT CAT). I use them on my vehicles, of course I work for a komatsu dealer, so the KOWA samples are readily available to me, and can't beat the price ;)

they work for sure, we have mostly cat houses around here, so thats usually who we deal with , but most of your diesal places can get it done for sure

how many qt of oil will a viper eng take

Just from personal experience I would not hammer on a new engine to much. I built a 302 Ford years ago and beat the hell out of it right away and tore the cam up.

i believe it! :thumpdown::eviltongue:not knocking your mechanical skills at all but the key word was the POS Ford........

Off the 91. On cherry st.

Were you from sperm receiver. What state ???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back