K&N Install and Thermostat

trw0042

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a k&n intake coming tomorrow and am going to have a ase certified technician friend of mine install it. He is a certified bmw mechanic, so he should have a easy time dropping this in for me right? Also what about a thermostat install, is it tough? Looking to go to 172 tstat if i get the xmetal pcm upgrade

Welcome to the forum....you will love that pcm....all installs are straight forward.....enjoy....

What are you doing for an exhaust....

Welcome to the forum, and like Patrick and Mike said you'll love the mods. The K&N is an easy install, as is the thermostat. Just make sure you get all the air out of the radiator after you finish installing...do this by opening the bleeder valve on top of the thermostat housing and then adding coolant into the radiator. Once a stream comes out of the valve close it up and your good to go! Oh and don't forget to get an exhaust as well!

Welcome to the forum.:) The t stat is maybe a 20 min project.I don`t have the K& n but the Volant was a 30 min job.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum, have fun here.

So far it has taken me 2 years to get my thermostat installed.:confused:

I work really slow.:idea:

Welcome, I alreadys did the K & N and the thermostat. Neither one is very hard at all. You do not need any gaskets for the stat because it has a reuseable O ring.

Bill.

hey

I saw a few of you asked what exhaust i have. I am hopefully recieving my bb triflo with high flow cats on friday. Its been on order for 2 weeks so i am patiently waiting although its starting to get hard

Welcome aboard. When I first got my truck K&N contacted me (through West Coast Viper) and had me bring my truck in so they could do the prototype for the CAI. As a result they gave me one for free and unfortunately it too still sits in the box. I am definately going to have to start driving something else and get these things installed. Good luck with yours. :burnout:

welcome to the forum. any question that you have the can be answered here. these guys know what they are talking about

trw0042 said:
I saw a few of you asked what exhaust i have. I am hopefully recieving my bb triflo with high flow cats on friday. Its been on order for 2 weeks so i am patiently waiting although its starting to get hard

Thats great. BB makes a great setup. Not many of us are fans of the stocker under there. Your gonna love the tone once everything is installed.

patrick

italian1nj said:
I am definately going to have to start driving something else and get these things installed.
'04 Silver Ram SRT-10 #1331 built 3/18/04
'04 Yellow Dodge Rumble Bee
'93 Red RT/10 Venom 600
'01 Sapphire Blue GTS ACR
'69 Ivy Green Road Runner
'03 Silver Lincoln T/C
'02 Maroon Mitsubishi Spyder
'57 Red Chevy Belair
'97 Black Chevy Silverado 4X4
Jumpin' jiminy, italian - it looks like you have a few choices for other things to drive. Am I jealous? You betcha!:p Do you have a 10 car garage with an attached house - my dream home?

And welcome TRW!:p

V10, we just finished a nice 24x40 carport area with walls on 3 sides so I can get 9 "under cover". The Silverado is in a mini carport so the bed sticks out. Hopefully next year I want to build a 6 car oversized garage so I can put lifts in and house another 12. Time (and the potential sale of the business) will tell. :) :burnout:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back