kenwood stereo install

yakdick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I['m installing a kenwood deck in my 2004 srt-10. it doesn't have nav or handsfree. I want the factory amp and speakers to work. stereo place sold me a 70-6512 metra adapter kit which says 02-04 amp bypass on the package. I think I just need a 716502-1 kit instead which is just a regular dodge connector. am I right?. it looks like a real pita to install this harness I have here now

Just did mine. Used a Metra Axxess CHTO-02 CHTO02 OEM Amplified Audio Interface Harness worked great.
You can also get a Metra ASWC ASWC-1 Universal Car Steering Wheel Control Interface if you want the steering wheel controls to work as well.

The 716502-1 will not work.
I have seen where the 70-6512 should work... but never got it to work myself. Just gave up and bought the parts listed above.

Where did you get that wiring kit. I've seen them on crutchfield for $150, and other places have them for right under $100. Stereo shop here in town said they have a kit but could not guarantee my factory sub would continue to work. I just think they were trying to sell me a sub and amp.

That's great news. I can't wait to get mine in. Thanx

:dito: I tried a new Kenwood model from Crutchfield and had issues where it wouldn't turn on. Two units acted the same. No problems when I switched to Alpine. CHTO02 harness and ASWC.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back