Kickdown or TPS?

ntw0rk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a question...

Lately it seems that my truck doesn't want to shift correctly. I have read a few threads about the TPS issues, and I know the kickdown cable and band need to be adjusted occasionally.

I checked the kickdown cable, and it seems to be right. I don't have the means of the money to get into the transmission right now, so adjusting the bands and replacing the filter are out - for now.

Could the TPS cause issues with proper gear selection and stuff?

MOre often than not it's the Governor Pressure Transducer and Solonoid in the tranny! POS design that only lasted 2 months on my last replacement.:mad:

VENOMOUS1 said:
MOre often than not it's the Governor Pressure Transducer and Solonoid in the tranny! POS design that only lasted 2 months on my last replacement.:mad:
:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

Well, if that's the case, it's just gonna have to last until I get her home, and can open it up.

Not going to pay someone to fix it, and can't fix it in the hotel parking lot!

try the kickdown adjsutment just for giggles, but also if it dont work, hit it pretty hard a couple times and see by chance if it willl "clean" it out a touch

but when you get back holla , I'll send ya a link for them:)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
try the kickdown adjsutment just for giggles, but also if it dont work, hit it pretty hard a couple times and see by chance if it willl "clean" it out a touch

but when you get back holla , I'll send ya a link for them:)

Will do, will do, and thanks!
;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back