Kicker Shock/Anti Wheelhop shock on a Quad Cab (lowered)

On a side note, I didnt notice that my truck had a 2 piece drive shaft, is this standard on all quad 10's?

Looks good by the way, well not the welds. :)

Your truck has a 1 piece driveshaft? It'd be the only quad cab I've heard of with one other than custom ones.

The bracket that goes to the rear end cover I got with the shock from Justin, but can be easily made as well.

The kicker shock from the 10 isn't just a regular ole shock. The valving is very tight and has no rebound really. Just tight valving that doesn't let the shock piston move fast but rather take the hit from the differential.

Well I checked and I guess its just far enough to the front to not really notice it when I was doing the flip kit.

What would be the down sides to having a 1 piece made for the truck.

I assume Justin is Justin from JMB or no?

Well I checked and I guess its just far enough to the front to not really notice it when I was doing the flip kit.

What would be the down sides to having a 1 piece made for the truck.

I assume Justin is Justin from JMB or no?

Not the same Justin. (ArrestMeRed) Justin near me in Waco. He took his off since he had Cal-tracs and is lightening his truck.

A 1 piece driveshaft is proven by a couple members to be great! One is spraying 1.59 60ft and 11 second 1/4s!!:drool:
I think the reason they didn't do it factory is the center of the shaft can wobble at certain rpms, hence why they did them out of larger diameter alum. on the newer Rams.

My truck has caltracs but it has a shock going from the rear axle up into the truck bed and I am curious is that the caltrac or is that a version of this mod

Just finished doing this mod to my truck. So far I'm pleased. I tried to Fab mine up at more of an angle to possible help with axle wrap, but its not at an angle to do that. I'm going to look at trying to mount it in the other direction, pointing towards the rear.

IMG_20120220_113037.jpg

IMG_20120220_112906.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for Skyy

I'm not smart enough to copy and paste the link

Last edited:
Unless im missing something, your traction bars should be all that's needed to safely launch on some sticky tires. It will eliminate wheel hop/axle wrap.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back