Kill Mode Quad Cab

I'm just curious, if you ran with Drag Radials (M&H 390's) that were 29.5" tall, what was your best time? And if you have made no other changes what your time will be with these 31" tall tires. Curious to see if you lose et and a little speed.

I'm just curious, if you ran with Drag Radials (M&H 390's) that were 29.5" tall, what was your best time? And if you have made no other changes what your time will be with these 31" tall tires. Curious to see if you lose et and a little speed.

Jerry, my best 60ft and ET were on these size tires. The 390's for whatever reason, were too short for me. I was way too high in the RPMs thru the traps. Even ran the M&H 325 once, lol! Way too short, lol.
The 31's are almost identical to the height of my 22's! I like that because with street tires, other than hooking it's almost perfect. 99% sure I don't have 4.88s but would explain it. Dunno otherwise unless it's in my possible camshaft retardation killing some of my top end power?
I've bested a 1.7 60ft on this setup and several backing 1.7s-1.8s.
Nothing to write home about, but stock suspension and being a QC are killing my weight transfer. Coil overs or longbar or 4 link is coming soon though.

Jerry, my best 60ft and ET were on these size tires. The 390's for whatever reason, were too short for me. I was way too high in the RPMs thru the traps. Even ran the M&H 325 once, lol! Way too short, lol.
The 31's are almost identical to the height of my 22's! I like that because with street tires, other than hooking it's almost perfect. 99% sure I don't have 4.88s but would explain it. Dunno otherwise unless it's in my possible camshaft retardation killing some of my top end power?
I've bested a 1.7 60ft on this setup and several backing 1.7s-1.8s.
Nothing to write home about, but stock suspension and being a QC are killing my weight transfer. Coil overs or longbar or 4 link is coming soon though.

Do you have any idea what your RPM's are in the lights? What is your best speed? What rpm are you shifting at? Based on your weight, I would guess you might have 4.88's because I had no trouble with 4.56's and the M&H 390's. My best speed was 118.15 at Sacramento. My calculations show that with 4.56 gears and a 29.5" tall tire you should be able to do 115.47 mph @ 6,000 rpm (our factory rev limiter is set at 6,050, which is 116.44 mph). That assumes no tire growth on the high end.

Last edited:
How much quicker were you with the gear change only?

Too far back to remember, I think I was in the 13.30 range pure stock, then in 2006 with headers, magnaflow cat back, race cats, 4.56 gears, 91 octane tune from Chris Jensen and an Xmetal gen IV shifter , I ran 12.64 @ 109 in 95 degree heat, about 4 pm in the afternoon. See my shifting video for that run. That was my first VTCOA meeting. That run was full weight, including stock front wheels, full interior, bedcover, tailgate, but no spare. I know I needed the M&H's to break into the 12's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any idea what your RPM's are in the lights? What is you best speed? What rpm are you shifting at? Based on your weight, I would guess you might have 4.88's because I had no trouble with 4.56's and the M&H 390's. My best speed was 118.15 at Sacramento. My calculations show that with 4.56 gears and a 29.5" tall tire you should be able to do 115.47 mph @ 6,000 rpm (our factory rev limiter is set at 6,050, which is 116.44 mph). That assumes no tire growth on the high end.

Give or take due to tach I'm 6100 at lights with 6250 rev limiter. Not once bounced off it, but it is not pulling hard from about 5700-6100! With 390s I really needed to shift to fifth! Almost seems the same on my 22's!
These 31's are perfect. Best traps are high 108's
I do think I need to start shifting more at 55-5700 where I pretty much spin each gear to 6k. You tried this with my and a couple others recommendations and you lost time, so I've not shifted earlier. I really think I should trap much higher, but haven't been to the track in awhile on a good DA day either. Always in the 90's :(
I've owned the truck for almost all it's life and there wasn't a single mod done, so having 4.88's was kinda ruled out. Could be different tranny gears as well. Since I have a used tranny? Many combinations of gears are made for each gear of our t56! Really dunno?
Like caveman asked what my RPMs are at 70 with my 22's are, I think they are on par with 4.56s, but.....not so sure 4th and 5th are? If fourth is numerically higher it would make sense why I feel I'm outta gear!
Advice in helping understand this would be great :)

I think they are on par with 4.56s, but.....not so sure 4th and 5th are? If fourth is numerically higher it would make sense why I feel I'm outta gear! Advice in helping understand this would be great :)

4th gear is 1:1 for all T56's. All we need to know is RPM for a given speed, in fourth gear, and we can calculate what gears are in the rear.

Just re-measured my slicks and 22's. 22's look like 30.5" and my slicks are just a tad under 31". So not a huge difference at all.

Ok, on my slicks at 31"
at 30 mph = 1300
At 40 mph = 1650
At 50 mph = 2350
At 60 mph = 2750
Thanks guys

Either you have 4:10's or you need to measure the actual tire height.

Haha...I think your math is fawcked!! Lol
I was thinking of 4.10s to get me thru the traps better!
These were all done in 4th gear,not 6th.:dontknow:
I'll re measure,lol.

I came up with 4.23.... Could always do it the old fasion way and jack up the rear turn the driveshaft

I came up with 4.23.... Could always do it the old fasion way and jack up the rear turn the driveshaft

4:23 would be spot on! Once we have the true tire diameter, we'll know for sure. I've never known a tire to be taller than the advertised height, but maybe the tires that are on there grow that much?

4:23 would be spot on! Once we have the true tire diameter, we'll know for sure. I've never known a tire to be taller than the advertised height, but maybe the tires that are on there grow that much?

As soft as the side walls are I would bet on it, I think he is wrong about his RPM...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back