killed a h-d f150 then

z-man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got killed.:(

i was running a harley-davidson f150 today. i dropped to 3rd at about 65 and took off. power shifted to fourth and had pulled about2 bus legths by this time. i went to fifth and couldnt get it in there. now i realize i am in nuetral and cant get into any gear. while rolling i am just trying to get a gear and then the cluth pedal is limp and on the floor.

after rolling a mile and a half from a peak speed of about 110-115 i saw that there was no fluid in the reservoir. i just had a new tranny put in under warranty in december. here is the kicker, my warranty expired 41 days ago:(

i had been noticing a squeaky clutch pedal and i had been having a rough time getting it into some gears at times. watch out for that guys i ws lucky to get off of the beltway and into a parking lot.

Yeah it sounds like a Centerforce upgrade with the Viper master slave is in order. I always say it............most I am sure dont want to hear it.....but all RC's will have to upgrade their clutch system. Good part is, your truck will really feel more powerful with the new setup. I really feel it transfers more power to the wheels than the stocker.

patrick

I SAW THAT QC IN YOUR AVATAR AND WAS WTF
THEN I SAW YOUR RC BELOW.SORRY DUDE.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TROUBLES.STINKIN HARLEYS !!

That sucks man, I didnt even get on mine and it would get really weak sometimes. Upgraded before anything big was going to happen, It is a must to do the upgrade. Its not bad to do yourself eigther.

Give me a call when you replace it, I want to come see how its done. I know mine will be next again...

well the funny thig is i went and talked to the dealer today.

since they put in a new tranny at the end of december they said they will cover the labor but i need to pay for the part.

my part is like $128.

what you think? good or bad?

my warranty expired feb. 5th

had_to_have_it said:
well the funny thig is i went and talked to the dealer today.

since they put in a new tranny at the end of december they said they will cover the labor but i need to pay for the part.

my part is like $128.

what you think? good or bad?

my warranty expired feb. 5th

Is that just for a new slave? I would spend the money on the viper master/slave and let them install for free.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Is that just for a new slave? I would spend the money on the viper master/slave and let them install for free.

patrick

they wont install the viper master/slave for some reason. they said if that is what i want i need to take it somewhere else

BigRed460 said:
Give me a call when you replace it, I want to come see how its done. I know mine will be next again...

if this is the route i go red, esh and i are taking it to psi motorsports.

esh is good friends with patrick and blaine over there.

would you have to order part from them? if not get what you want and takeit to them doubt they could tell the difference.

eddie102870 said:
would you have to order part from them? if not get what you want and takeit to them doubt they could tell the difference.

true but i think the spacer would give it away

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back