Killer Chiller Anyone?

Never heard of it buddy... only thing i can tell you is the word "gauge" is spelt wrong.. kind of a turn off ya know

Several of our "honorary" Lightning members use these with great success. Good for about 1/4 mile at a time.

Power to New Levels

Coletti's team fit the SVT Lightning concept with an all-aluminum, 5.4-liter DOHC supercharged and intercooled V-8 engine conservatively rated at 500 horsepower and 500 foot pounds of torque (SAE net). And while they were at it, they invented and patented a speed secret for those times when even that much power just isn't enough.

Ford's patented SuperCooler technology cleverly provides a special burst of power for the SVT Lightning concept. Traditional intercoolers dissipate heat from the supercharged air by circulating coolant through a front-mounted, air-cooled radiator. With the SuperCooler system, the vehicle's air conditioning system is used to chill a small storage tank of coolant to about 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

On demand, the SuperCooler system switches the intercooler flow from its normal circulation and dumps the chilled coolant into the engine's intercooler. In turn, the intercooler dissipates up to 20 percent more heat from the charge air - resulting in a denser air charge.

A green light on the instrument panel indicates the system's readiness. SuperCooler is activated automatically when the driver depresses the accelerator to a wide-open-throttle position.

This technology plays directly into the hands of the enthusiast, Coletti says. The SuperCooler provides the edge for the driver, and it is done simply by taking advantage of the hardware that already exists in the vehicle.

As a result of this cool technology, the SVT Lighting concept can give its driver as much as 50 transient horsepower for short bursts of 30-45 seconds and regenerate within 2 minutes under normal driving conditions. While its effect is similar to that of an aftermarket nitrous oxide system, the SuperCooler is completely self-contained, environmentally friendly and regenerative.

So let me get this straight they are using the a/c to cool the coolent down for the intercooler. But isn't a/c shut off during wot (a/c cut off switch according to my scanner) so it doesn't work while into the gas.

In my opinion the concept makes sense to me and would work on the street but unless you find a way to modify the wot cutoff switch it's useless at the track.

I heard of them a while back. The SVT guys (Lightnings and Cobras) have used this product with good results. I was going to go that route but ran out of funds on my build many moons ago.

We can deactivate the A/C compressor cut off at wot with an SCT.

i think chub was using it with his paxton or talked about using it

blackviper said:
We can deactivate the A/C compressor cut off at wot with an SCT.

ok so then it will work, I didn't know how far the SCT goes for controlling/changing factory settings.

Not to knock it guys, as I have thought of a similar concept years ago for my Paxton SC Trans Am GTA, but one thing that causes a lil dilema! If you have the A/C engaged you are producing an assload of condensation that has to go to the ground,usually by the front tires:( leaving a trail of water, in effect causing more wheelspin than we already have. Not to mention they will turn you away at a track since you endanger others.

An easy fix would be to create a catch can of sorts for the track.

Pfft. I bought the first one for my truck OVER A YEAR AGO.:heeeelllllooooo:

Almost had it installed, but discovered that the Paxton it was going to work with wasn't up to the job on my engine.

Someone forget we have a search function on this forum?:dontknow:

Ram From Hell said:
Pfft. I bought the first one for my truck OVER A YEAR AGO.:heeeelllllooooo:

Almost had it installed, but discovered that the Paxton it was going to work with wasn't up to the job on my engine.

Someone forget we have a search function on this forum?:dontknow:

:D :D :D

chub had it on his, it did seem to work

now the only downfall is a couple things, one the ac robs a little hp, but no prob the temps overtake that part

two they dont let you race with the ac on, and the cooler only works with the ac on to give maximum affect

we were going to do a kit deal, but its alot of aggrivation to do it for all models because everyones set up seems differnt,

but it is easy to build yourself for a couple hundred bucks

it is a killer deal for street applications tho, but I dont think you will see 50hp on our set ups, maybe if you can get it to work on the roe you may.

Thanks for the info Tony. I believe the TS style S/Cs would have the most to benefit. Specially, since the peak adiabatic efficiency of the Lysholm is at approximately 11000 rpm and I'm spinning mine 16700.

FATJACK said:
Several of our "honorary" Lightning members use these with great success. Good for about 1/4 mile at a time.
It works all the time. It doesn't go away like dumping ice in the intercooler

as for the robbing power part. Turn it off before you play.

It works I have installed in my 02 lightning when it is 110 degrees here it keeps intercooler water temps around 80 deg. If you remove the heat exchanger behind the grill and replace with a insulated storage tank you can get down to 70 deg. No ill effects to inside of cab either . It came with all the fittings to splice into the freon lines ,no cutting all bolt on. Add a few onces of oil and recharge. Unit sits inside the front bumper.

I think y ou should def give it a shot Jorge, it would def help , especially in lower fla, I think it would deff greatly help out the roe supercharges:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back