knock software

avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was wondering what all the boosted guys are runnin to controll knock. I just got the smaller pully for the paxton and bought the split sec software but i need some thing that will monitor knock, weather it be a guage or a soft ware mod. al the help will be sweet.

04, no knock sensors..05/06 can be logged by the factory

I recorded it in my 05 accordingly

On the car, I use the MSD kit...

Do you have pics of the system?
Also, it talks about 4/6/8 cylinders. Is there only one sensor? or 10?

Last edited:
Bone,

There is only one knock sensor.

Click on the summit link and then click on the picture when it comes up and it will enlarge the view.

thans for all the info, will be on the dyno tommorow and really did not want to use only the dynos programing to find the knock, its visiable on the charts but rather have on the road info for saftey measures.

FSTJACK said:
Bone,

There is only one knock sensor.

Click on the summit link and then click on the picture when it comes up and it will enlarge the view.
Just ordered it thanks, plus some new iridium plugs.

Bone said:
Just ordered it thanks, plus some new iridium plugs.

Did you ask MSD about functionality with a V10?

Since you have an '05, you already have knock sensing built in. Did you consider an OBDII display instead? These things just plug into the port under the dash, and can display everything going on with the engine. No installation needed either. If someone hasn't already posted this elsewhere, this is pretty sweet:

http://www.dashhawk.com/features.html

I've got a Scan Gauge II, but it won't display knock or knock retard like my hemi will.

Bone said:
Doesn't say it supports a SRT-10 only a SRT-8.

Interesting....

It specifically says that it supports the extended DC OBDII codes for the knock sensors. Wonder why it wouldn't?

I have the Auto Enginuity laptop solution for in-depth code scanning/logging, but I had to get some add-on software for those extended codes each manufacturer uses before it would read that brand-specific stuff.

Let us know if that MSD sensor works. That would be cheap insurance, particularly for those of us with '04s with forced induction.

Ram From Hell said:
Did you ask MSD about functionality with a V10?

Since you have an '05, you already have knock sensing built in. Did you consider an OBDII display instead? These things just plug into the port under the dash, and can display everything going on with the engine. No installation needed either. If someone hasn't already posted this elsewhere, this is pretty sweet:

http://www.dashhawk.com/features.html
Do you have a daskhawk? How much did it run ya?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back