Larger Throttle Body

blackviper said:
Hey Stinker, I would definitely be interested in a larger throttle body. I still think the Roe setup has more potential. I'll wait and see if FSTJACK posts if not I will have someone fabricate it.

call ...ah crap can remember his name:mad: the guy that owns exotic, he was doing the testing bro.

In terms I think the dual inlet would be better, if you look into your intake , the air comes into the intake and basically hits a flat wall, causing turbulance.

with the splitter installed the air gets separated from side to side, thats why a ported throttle body made hp over the roe or a x brand.

Stinker said:
call ...ah crap can remember his name:mad: the guy that owns exotic, he was doing the testing bro.

In terms I think the dual inlet would be better, if you look into your intake , the air comes into the intake and basically hits a flat wall, causing turbulance.

with the splitter installed the air gets separated from side to side, thats why a ported throttle body made hp over the roe or a x brand.

The one Tony is reffering to is a BBK, and Kevin Singleton (Exotic Engine Development) tested them and they are worth 11 real HP.

I talked to Kevin today and he just got some in stock. I saw a prototype model at his shop a while back, and it is a nice looking piece.

What are the differences in size? Stock, Roe/Xmetal, and BBK?

Stinker said:

I cant remember for sure Tony but with the Roe SC & intake the wall is not there? You are just refering to the stock intake?...............And I would think the ROE TB would be considered a larger TB due to being completely open instead of split....at least when used with the Roe SC...:dontknow:

I'm thinking of making the hole on the Roe plenum bigger and installing a larger throttle body.

Tony, the air is really not hitting a wall but it is making a 90 degree turn. What I'm trying to avoid is at 14PSI the S/C starts pulling a vacuum on the filter side of the throttle body limiting the potential of the ROE. I know the intake is another issue.

Just bought one from Dan @ DC performance $499 plus shipping and they are in stock.

Dan said it solved the low speed performance issues some Owners may have experienced - works especially well on stock motors - dynoed at EED. Sorry don't know specs - just bought it.

so is this bbk throttle better to have than the roe or x-metal performance wise?

Performance wise yes, check my above post it explains it,

the x brand didnt make any power until over 6000rpms

a ported throttle body made power all over

If anyone wants I will fill out an app for a dealer and see what happens, it may take a little time, but cant promise anything, but will give it a shot
jsut let me know

thanks

Still awaiting a call back from Jeff on the heads sir.

as far as hp, not sure, i will try to get it from fstjack sometime today for ya

Group buy Tony??????

There is another thread going about these throttlebody's,,,,

I saw that the new BBK is a twin 67mm design and the stocker is a 65mm design. Are the ROE and Xmetal 65mm ovals?
I am wondering if the new BBK has more area than the single blade. It seems like the single blade would still pass more air under WOT by virtue of the larger opening.

I will be going the custom route to get one made. I'm thinking a twin blade 70mm set up or 6mm's over the Roe or Xmetal versions. So far I know that Accufab has had success with the 70mm twin throttle bodies on built Gen 2 engines. I will taking the original core to the machinist this Friday. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back