Larger Throttle Body

Yeah, it would be nice if someone would come up with a larger billet throttle body.

blackviper said:
Yeah, it would be nice if someone would come up with a larger billet throttle body.
Ummm... already done. Choose Roe or X-Metal. Both work.

Bill.

He already has the X-Metal listed in his signature. I believe he is looking for larger.

Stinker said:
BBK has a prototype, but made no more hp, exotic tested it i think

It did make more HP, how much more, and where I don't remember.
It is a larger 2 blade.

I will check next week after after everyone gets back from VOI.

FSTJACK said:
It did make more HP, how much more, and where I don't remember.
It is a larger 2 blade.

I will check next week after after everyone gets back from VOI.

dang my mind is shot:D i was thinking it didtn , my bad:p

Stinker said:
dang my mind is shot:D i was thinking it didtn , my bad:p

Damm a shot mind is a terriable thing to waste.

I don't think it made much more HP but I will get the facts for sure next week.

It was ready to go into production when I took the red truck to Justins, that was 3-4 weeks ago so it might be ready to go.

I saw the first prototype at Kevin's shop, (Exotic Engine) & it really looked well made.

I'm thinking for those of us that are FI and are pulling air rather than pushing air through the throttle body, there would be a lot of horsepower to gain. FSTJACK or Stinker, can you provide a link or more information on the BBK. Thanks.

Stinker said:
BBK has a prototype, but made no more hp, exotic tested it i think

Does adding a TB spacer do anything for these trucks? Since a larger TB is asked about, would a spacer improve HP or performance in some way. I see them advertised for about 90 bucks.
Thanks
Jim

Anyone else with any feedback? It would be easy for us Roe guys to bolt up a bigger throttle body. The only modification we would have to do is match the opening on the plenum to that of the thottle body. I think this would cure the issue that 700hpodyssey had pulling two inches of vacuum on the filter side of the throttle body at 14PSI of boost.

JimTeTe said:
Does adding a TB spacer do anything for these trucks? Since a larger TB is asked about, would a spacer improve HP or performance in some way. I see them advertised for about 90 bucks.
Thanks
Jim
Can you give a link to the ones you have seen? I am trying to make my own as documented here http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26341

I do not believe a spacer will add power, but I intend to use the spacer as a point to inject N2O.

blackviper said:
Anyone else with any feedback? It would be easy for us Roe guys to bolt up a bigger throttle body. The only modification we would have to do is match the opening on the plenum to that of the thottle body. I think this would cure the issue that 700hpodyssey had pulling two inches of vacuum on the filter side of the throttle body at 14PSI of boost.

I agree with you. I would port mine in a heart beat if it helped. Heck ROE should just build one that is more round than oval. That would let in more air and could still use the stock shaft and bearing assembly.

Fstjack had all the info on this guys, maybe he will chime in and give us an update on the BBK

Tiny, hope the spacer is going well:rock:

Stinker said:
Fstjack had all the info on this guys, maybe he will chime in and give us an update on the BBK

Tiny, hope the spacer is going well:rock:
I get the metal in tomorrow. I will be able to start the machining on Friday.

Hey Stinker, I would definitely be interested in a larger throttle body. I still think the Roe setup has more potential. I'll wait and see if FSTJACK posts if not I will have someone fabricate it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back