Latest mo: Smaller pulley, XMetal TB, and New ROE Tune

1fast had a cooler. Now Eddie has it on his. Not sure how it was set up though.

Here are my data logs from todays runs. I don't know if the horsepower and torque readings are accurate off the software. I had to get off the gas once it pinged the first time. Sean sent me a new file to upload into the VEC3. I will experiment some more tomorrow. So far I've turned up the meth to 100% at 5500 rpm and retarded 1 degree of timing starting at 4800 rpm. All I can say is that it is a night and day difference in power. I drove the truck around today and it had been raining, you can't even get into the throttle a little bit because the tires brake loose. The power is really impressive.

log0003.jpg

log0002.jpg

It would be awesome if someone can come up with some sort of chiller or intercooler for the Roe setup.

blackviper said:
It would be awesome if someone can come up with some sort of chiller or intercooler for the Roe setup.

Ditto. However, it would take some kind of extreme smarts to figure that out. It is my understanding that Roe tried for quite some time and finally abandoned the effort due to constantly losing too much boost/compression in the intercooler. If anyone figures this out, I am in line to buy one.

Looking at your logs, thats one balls'y tune on stock internals & 10lbs :) . Record IN3 w/ Vec so we can see your MAP readings....

Be careful man, that looks very agressive...Let us know!

700hpOdyssey said:
Ditto. However, it would take some kind of extreme smarts to figure that out. It is my understanding that Roe tried for quite some time and finally abandoned the effort due to constantly losing too much boost/compression in the intercooler. If anyone figures this out, I am in line to buy one.

I nixed the integrated cooler in the manifold program on the Viper, even though we did build and test one.
Water / Methanol does a much better a job "if" you need it due to running higher boost or are having preignition issues.
Basically, anything less than 8 psi, intercooling is a waste and can actually be counterproductive. The intercooler adds a 3 psi +/- restriction, which you must overcome by spinning the SC harder. The air just doesn't get that hot compressing it 5-8 psi.
Don't get confused and have the idea that a charge cooler is needed or will get you more power in this low boost (anything under 8 psi is low) application (our standard kit).
Remember also, we're using a SC that's 37% larger than the car kit so we can spin it slower. That keeps things cooler too.
If you're running it fast enough to make 12 psi boost, a bypass cooler like we made for McCandless will keep temps down.
The blower runs the coolest at full throttle and the hottest under decell (throttle closed, high RPM and full bypass with the air recirculating through the blower).
To bad these engines don't have better pistons and rods. A smaller SC pulley is the best horsepower per dollar you can get ($100 pulley = 80 HP).

Regards,
Sean

PS, George is pushing the limits of the pistons...
The W/M is keeping the motor alive solely due to how much the W/M keeps the piston temps down and the material stable.

Well, my read on these issues (I am slow and mechanically challenged) is:

Roe TMTS with small pulley. Water/meth, forged pistons, forged rods.

The comment above "The blower runs the coolest at full throttle and the hottest under decell (throttle closed, high RPM and full bypass with the air recirculating through the blower)." Set all kinds of lights off in my head!

I don't run the truck hard, I really am quite docile in the way I drive it...but I do love to 'gear down' and have always wondered why the temps stay so high under light driving conditions...deceleration, in gear produces heat!!!!

I love to learn!

Roe Racing said:
If you're running it fast enough to make 12 psi boost, a bypass cooler like we made for McCandless will keep temps down.

To bad these engines don't have better pistons and rods. A smaller SC pulley is the best horsepower per dollar you can get ($100 pulley = 80 HP).

Sean, do you have a bypass cooler for sale for those of us running higher boost on your blower? Also, do you have any suggestions to alleviate the vacuum behind the TB that occurs at higher boost applications?
thanks,

does anyone know the long term effects meth will have on our cylinder walls? just seems to me like it is washing them down. or are we spraying enough to hurt.

At an AF ratio of 12:1, you have 12 parts air to 1 fuel. Of that 1 part fuel, you have 10 injectors flowing between 34 lbs /hr stock to 48 lbs/hr (SC) each. The W/M nozzle we use flows 7 lbs/hr.
Not enough to be concerned over, even at lower injector flow levels.

700hpOdyssey said:
Sean, do you have a bypass cooler for sale for those of us running higher boost on your blower? Also, do you have any suggestions to alleviate the vacuum behind the TB that occurs at higher boost applications?
thanks,

Have David get in touch with me for some info.
We don't have any kind of package (yet), but it's relatively easy.

Roe Racing said:
At an AF ratio of 12:1, you have 12 parts air to 1 fuel. Of that 1 part fuel, you have 10 injectors flowing between 34 lbs /hr stock to 48 lbs/hr (SC) each. The W/M nozzle we use flows 7 lbs/hr.
Not enough to be concerned over, even at lower injector flow levels.
good info just wondering.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back