Launch RPM

s8taxatty

Reaction score
When you're at the line, ready to tear it up, what rpm do you keep it at before popping the clutch?:D

I don't exactly pop the clutch, more of a slip so as not to blow off the tires. You can't see my launch RPM in this video, but it is around 2500rpm. That is on street tires, I have yet to run my truck with DRs or slicks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqgNlvqn2-E&list=TLMfe9makcWok]2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 1/4 mile drag racing in car video #2 - YouTube[/ame]

2500 on street tires on the street. If I had DR's and was on the track, it would be 5000+.

In mine, (Auto) I just stand on the brakes and hold the gas down like doing a burnout, hold it right before the tires start spinning, then let it go and ease it into WOT. Works everytime ;)

Last edited:
You have to play with rpm to see what you like.

And may i add, the hell with street tires. Get some good rubber on their and cut a 60' from hell :)

You have to play with rpm to see what you like.

And may i add, the hell with street tires. Get some good rubber on their and cut a 60' from hell :)

I agree, I'd be happy with some DRs. Although I am pretty happy with a 1.9 on streets.

That is awesome for some street tires! well done sir.

Well thank you, I'd much rather a 1.7 maybe a 1.6 but a clutch upgrade would certainly be in order to accomplish that.

Well thank you, I'd much rather a 1.7 maybe a 1.6 but a clutch upgrade would certainly be in order to accomplish that.
That would be great. Since my DR's i drive on usually are so expensive, i just swap to a full slick at the track. Otherwise it would be awesome to learn how to launch it how i drive it around town:rock:

When using the M&H 390 drag radials best launch was at 3800 rpm, 16.5 lbs of air. Now with Cheater slicks, 4500 rpm, still 16.5 lbs. I have 4.56 gears. Best 60' was 1.57 with the Cheater slicks, best on Drag radials was 1.62....but average was in the 1.70 range.

When using the M&H 390 drag radials best launch was at 3800 rpm, 16.5 lbs of air. Now with Cheater slicks, 4500 rpm, still 16.5 lbs. I have 4.56 gears. Best 60' was 1.57 with the Cheater slicks, best on Drag radials was 1.62....but average was in the 1.70 range.

Awesome! I can't drive as good as THE Trainman tho :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back