Leaking clutch slave

FerrariTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my clutch started slipping and looks like I will be dropping the trans to take a look at exatctly what failed and replacing the clutch disc on the centerforce.

Anyone else have issues with the alum viper slave failing? Since I spent good money and got a shitty result Im thinking of just buying a autozone brand slave and see how that goes.

I assisted a member here with a trans swap and his billet slave was also leaking during the swap. I have had 2 trucks with stock hydraulics with zero issues. I say it wouldn't hurt to put a stock one back in it.

i wouldn't put an autozone one on it...

my last truck went almost 60k miles on the factory slave before it pooped...

i think the earlier trucks has some issues, but the later oem slaves may have been updated... i'm not sure about that, but that was a lot of hard miles on my other truck before it gave up the ghost...

i've got the JTSVP setup on mine now and i'm at about 65k... it's been on at least 20k miles... so far no issues...

If you already have a viper master/slave then a ram slave won't work. The fitting on the end of the line is different, just put another viper slave in it. You'll have to buy a ram master too if you wanna get the autozone slave.

I've also had better results with the stock truck hydraulics. Like ArrestmeRed said. The truck hydraulics and car won't mix and match without swapping fittings in lines by a hydraulic hose shop ;)

Autozone has lifetime warranty, whats the worst that can happen? leak and burn my clutch?

I still have original master and slave, i'm thinking of just go back to that set up.
i know that you can swap the lines just by pushing out the roll pin at the end of the master.

On a second note, on the kit that I installed I put in two spacers behind the slave. I noticed on the end of the slave that it appears to have some wear on a plastic collar thats snapped on. Im wondering now if maybe the viper slave was spaced out to far?

Ill snap some pics

Autozone has lifetime warranty, whats the worst that can happen? leak and burn my clutch?

I still have original master and slave, i'm thinking of just go back to that set up.
i know that you can swap the lines just by pushing out the roll pin at the end of the master.

On a second note, on the kit that I installed I put in two spacers behind the slave. I noticed on the end of the slave that it appears to have some wear on a plastic collar thats snapped on. Im wondering now if maybe the viper slave was spaced out to far?

Ill snap some pics

Sounds like it was too far spaced for sure. Lines can be removed but still different ends and fittings used sir.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back