leaking exploded viper slave 2nd time

ctsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok my truck is leaking brake fuild and its coming from the flywheel area and running down the tranny. This is my 2nd time im gonna replace this fucking thing. i got a stock one to get me buy and i was fine, but for some reason i put the viper upgrade in and they explode. the frist time the thing lasted almost 7000, the 2nd one 2500 i replaced my dc upgrade slave with one from a 97 viper car as i was told to order from the dealer 230 or so dollars later.
put it in drove around fine no problems the frist time a give it a good rip boom no peddal look under the truck fuild i pull off the cover and there a metal chunk of the slave laying there,
any ideas on what can be making them explode im thinking the ress is bad and needs replacement also my BRAND NEW CENTERFORCE CLUTCH is shot cause of the fuild this time. so im looking to change it out again and put yet an other clutch in it and not a center force. ill take pics once i get under there an take shit apart i dont want to spend alot this time i just need a good street disc and im thinking about putting the stock slave back in, it got me to 36,000 the last time. any one

Last edited:
Wow that sucks dude. Have only heard of one other guy ever having viper slave issues. Did you have the proper shims installed as well?

Dont get a RPS clutch.....they explode. Lots of problems with them back in 05.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Wow that sucks dude. Have only heard of one other guy ever having viper slave issues. Did you have the proper shims installed as well?

Dont get a RPS clutch.....they explode. Lots of problems with them back in 05.

patrick
yeah its shimed right i thought the same but is not it builds up pressure and then pops,its like the peddle gets hard and kicks back

ctsrt10 said:
yeah its shimed right i thought the same but is not it builds up pressure and then pops,its like the peddle gets hard and kicks back

I presume that you purchased, and had installed, a complete master/slave kit, correct? If you've lost two slaves, is it possible that the master cylinder is defective?

Ram From Hell said:
I presume that you purchased, and had installed, a complete master/slave kit, correct? If you've lost two slaves, is it possible that the master cylinder is defective?
I have this happen to me also Im getting ready to rplace my third one 1st was my fault:marchmellow: COuld it be the stock master causing the problems? I wouldnt think it would since the stroke is smaller?

DevilDawg3097 said:
I have this happen to me also Im getting ready to rplace my third one 1st was my fault:marchmellow: COuld it be the stock master causing the problems? I wouldnt think it would since the stroke is smaller?

Maybe...I changed the slave & master and have had no problems...unless better shifting is a problem..;)

TNVIPER said:
Maybe...I changed the slave & master and have had no problems...unless better shifting is a problem..;)
well I will have to keep that in mind if this one goes again then it may possibly be that master causing it. Is anyone else running the stock master with the upgraded slave?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back