Leaking Lots of Oil

Redkiller

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem? My 10 is a 04 and has 25,000 and is leaking a lot of oil. It looks like the oil pan gasket need to be replaced, all the bolts are tight. Also these to lines look like they are leaking as well. Is this a common problem??
1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

The main leak is from the oil pan gasket. I guess i will have to pull it off and replace the gasket as well. A extreme high temp one that will last haha. Does JTS have these gaskets?

Redkiller said:
The main leak is from the oil pan gasket. I guess i will have to pull it off and replace the gasket as well. A extreme high temp one that will last haha. Does JTS have these gaskets?

He can probably get something.

sorry guys, been on the phone hunting up some paxton parts,

but most likly your rear main may be the worst part, the oil pan gasket is a possible

the oil lines are horrible , those oem lines have been the cause of at least one truck burning down to the ground.

but I have the lines in stock, the oil pan gasket I most likly have as well as I think I have a rear main seal too,

I would jsut have to double check pricing on the gaskets and seals for ya in the morn,

but can def gt it taken care of

but thanks guys,

Thats crazy! Ok let me know what you find out about the gasket, will it be an oem or a better one. As for the rear main, I will look into it, but you have to pull the trans for that right? Thanks

are you sure it's not just the oil lines leaking and running along the oil pan????

VIPR PWR said:
are you sure it's not just the oil lines leaking and running along the oil pan????

Thats what i'm wondering as well. Too much oil above the oil pan in the 3rd pic :dontknow:

yeah I thought about it when i was under it looking around. well the other side of the pan was fairly clean... maybe you guys are right!

most likly thats all it is, his is jsut probably excessive, I have seen them cover all the way back to make it look like the rear tranny seal was leaking

I woul replace the lines, take it to a car wash or somewhere , clean the bottom real good and wait.

but most rear mains end up seeping, its jsut a thing we get used to LOLOL

Redkiller said:
ok thanks for the help.. I know those lines are leaking so do I just order them online? So this is a common issue?
from here?
http://shop.jtsvp.com/product.sc?productId=4
yes very co m mon issue hell they all leak and tonys line are a good deal versus the oe m crap....but you gotta watch tony because he will take most of your money he has done it to so me very good members here

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back