LED gauge lights

txhemi5.7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys had all the lights for my ac controls go out and had the ones for my gas and temp gauges go out so i went ahead and replaced them all with LEDs. :chain::chain:
These pictures do not do the gauges any justice...they are ALOT more blue in person! All i need to do now is get some blue rosco film over the miles and gauge spots and also do the light in the compass and film over that.
Before gauges
C40EF992-AB28-4333-9C81-34D7A2F1AD0C.jpg

After
173ED2AF-4270-4191-A6E8-822CC2766DA6.jpg

C02ABDEF-41B3-4C86-999D-1F5A91A8A2C3.jpg

93ED476F-982A-43FF-B923-E63540158A92.jpg

No pics of Ac controls before since no lights They are dim but look good to me. Used 2 blue and one white because the blue will not show up behind the red on the heater...(look at the gauge lights for the red on empty....no show)
After
7A682AED-66FE-45DA-82AF-676BC1D32FC8.jpg

32ED8141-88DC-473D-8B99-0F04EF9007BF.jpg

Man i am so happy with it! Just need to get my film over the miles and gears and ill be even more happy until i swap out the red needles for either blue or UV purple ones. None of these pictures actually do them justice man. Ill try to find my charger for my digital cam and try to get some better ones of them.

I actually think it looks awesome with red, if i where to pick blue as a i color i would keep them red :)

I think red needles as well.
That would look cool in a VCA or a CE.
Good work.

So i understand, you just removed your gauge cluster and installed blue LED's in the sockets or did you put bright white LED's in and flim the rear of the cluster?

So i understand, you just removed your gauge cluster and installed blue LED's in the sockets or did you put bright white LED's in and flim the rear of the cluster?

along with that, where did ya get the blubs & ya got a blup number????:dontknow:

Just to show you what i did....not my write up i used this one
new blue led dash - DodgeForum.com

along with that, where did ya get the blubs & ya got a blup number????:dontknow:

xxxxxxxxx2

From what i know depending on the years 2002-2005 have 11 bulbs on the back of the gauges and the 2006-2008 have 5...but some 2006 dodge diesels have 11 so before yal order make sure and check if yal can....here is where i got the LEDs Instrument Cluster and Gauge Backlights - Super Bright LEDs and here are directions.....
For the AC controls click on NeoWedge lights and do the NEOx-xHP 5mm any color you want do 3 or 4 is you want a single spare bulb (people with dual climate can not change without soldering them in)

For the gauges click on B8 series and do the B8-HP pick color and choose B8.5D and get 11 or 12 is you want a single spare. (5 or 6 for the 2006+ crew)

Reason for doing the HD lights because they will not leave a hot spot. Total cost me like $45 bucks shipped and that is for the 12 blue bulbs i got for the gauges, 3 blue bulbs for the ac controls and 2 white ones to go behind the heater cause blue will not show up behind red if you see on the pics above on the gas gauge. These pictures do not doe them justice! They are amazing blue and i am VERY happy with this mod!! If anyone needs the write up here it is (IF you see in the pictures he has he didnt use the HD lights so there is hot spotting, I have very little if no hot spotting.) new blue led dash - DodgeForum.com

ordered my dash blubs & got the LED drivin light blubs as well:rock:

lights came in & got the drivin lights & i think most of the dash lights.

i say most, think ya have to take the back cover off to get to #11. dim on the tach & speedo, bout 5500 on the tach & bout 30 m.p.h. speedo

very nice:rock::rock::rock:

2 QUESTIONS........

with the incandescent blubs dash was green, red needles.
LEDs came out a badass blue with red needles.
went with white LEDs

WHY?????

dash AIR BAG light came on goin to the house.

WHY would it do that. any way havin the dash out/key on have anything to do with it???

P.S. there are 2 ceramic blocks on the back of the dash.

these little fockers get HOT, lol:mad::D

No idea man. Mine are still perfect blue. I need to take it apart again and put some of the lights back in..some from the vibs get loose. No idea on the airbag light unless you didn't plug something in all the way. Just check everything thing again and yes yes they get very hott lol I have burns from them.

No idea man. Mine are still perfect blue. I need to take it apart again and put some of the lights back in..some from the vibs get loose. No idea on the airbag light unless you didn't plug something in all the way. Just check everything thing again and yes yes they get very hott lol I have burns from them.

just surprised me that it came out blue. might be a shade, at the most, 2 shade less than yours. but still a nice dark rich blue:rock:

yep, had to raise the contacts & lower the little "ramp" ears to get them to stay frimly in place or vicey versey.

but ya have to take the back cover off for the tach/speedo light, correct???

just surprised me that it came out blue. might be a shade, at the most, 2 shade less than yours. but still a nice dark rich blue:rock:

yep, had to raise the contacts & lower the little "ramp" ears to get them to stay frimly in place or vicey versey.

but ya have to take the back cover off for the tach/speedo light, correct???

Yessir you do have to take the black back cover off the get to the tach speedo light. i ended up just taking the whole thing off which made it easier to do them all lol

gotem:rock::rock::rock:

once ya get that little radio reciver thingy out of the way, no prob:rock::rock:

also shaved down the LED blub base to fit under the radio thingy.

thanks for postin this mod. do likey very muchy:D:rock::rock::rock:

oh, the air bag light? it was a coincidence that the passenger air bag on/off switch light blub burned out goin to the house. it throws a code for that, fockers.:mad:

$50 later & lucky to find one, shows to be on national back order. replaced it & no mo air bag light.:D:rock: man, 50 buck light blub, lol.

it will soon be the only LED lit passenger air bag switch, if there is enough load not to throw a code:rock:

OH & SCREW THEM CERAMIC BLOCKS:mad::mad::toilet:

Last edited:
Yeah thats radio thing was a bitch to get off. for me instead of shaving it down i just cut a hole in the radio thingy box. cause is ALOT of room inside that box cause the radio thing is just a board and only takes up like a 1/8th of the box maybe less lol but post up some pics man so everyone can see!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back