LED headlights

john b

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with led headlight conversion kits? I am looking to replace my hid's on my 2011 Ram. I have heard some types have light pattern issues or dont really shine as bright as advertised. I'm looking for your input on what brand is best. Thanks. The Hid's I have now have been a constant problem with relay and bulb failures.

I had ebay H.I.Ds on my 10 for over a year now and im loving them. However, i hard wired them to the OEM harness including the Hi/low function (No Relay) all of my grounds are bolted to the frame. Never had an issue. Still bright as the first day. Most ebay kits seem to be 50/50 on their durablility and it looks like thmost of their malfunctions come from crappy and cheap connectors between wires. Thats why i decided to hard wire them.
No about the LEDs. I am aslo curious to know more about them and see actual video with them installed.

Last edited:
i had halos added to the lights that were already on Zilla when i bought her but i didn't do the work sooooooo, no help of course. they are multi-function with wi-fi under the console and a phone app
only problem after a year is that one of the fog lights didn't get re-sealed so 2-3 of the less on the fog light shorted out and stay red all the time instead of changing color

Attachments

• 20150912_183325.jpg
    20150912_183325.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20150912_183249.jpg
    20150912_183249.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 20151107_100039.jpg
    20151107_100039.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20151107_100000.jpg
    20151107_100000.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 20151107_095957.jpg
    20151107_095957.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I put these in my headlights and fogs. So far so good. The light does scatter a bit, but I haven't been flashed by people thinking my highs are on yet so I guess it's not that bad.
The high beam is about useless.

Both fogs replaced and drivers headlight. Also updated turns to LED.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOR4DEQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOR4DEQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage[/ame]

Attachments

• IMG_9997.JPG
    IMG_9997.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
i had halos added to the lights that were already on Zilla when i bought her but i didn't do the work sooooooo, no help of course. they are multi-function with wi-fi under the console and a phone app
only problem after a year is that one of the fog lights didn't get re-sealed so 2-3 of the less on the fog light shorted out and stay red all the time instead of changing color

Good looking truck. Yeller is my 2nd choice in color. :rock:

Thanks for the input. I think I will try a set from Amazon I dont want to waste anymore time on the chinese hid;s that I have.

How are those projectors? Do they have a sharp cut off line? or are they cheap-Os? Assuming you have HIDs?

How are those projectors? Do they have a sharp cut off line? or are they cheap-Os? Assuming you have HIDs?

they were on the truck when i got her, don't know what HIDs are

on high beam they are ok but low beam coming back from CT they didn't shine very far and had a sharp cutoff when they stopped. haven't tried to adjust them since all i do now is drive around town and there are more street lights here than Times Square

I have put multiple sets of lifetime leds on several different makes and models. I have been very happy with the quality and only had one issue, which was resolved quickly. You can find them here:
lifetimeledlights.com

they were on the truck when i got her, don't know what HIDs are

on high beam they are ok but low beam coming back from CT they didn't shine very far and had a sharp cutoff when they stopped. haven't tried to adjust them since all i do now is drive around town and there are more street lights here than Times Square

When were you in CT? I'm in CT...would have liked to see the truck! :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back