Let's not forget the other war

I believe that if the government hadn't already forgotten about the "other war" in Afghanistan it would have already been won. There can be no doubt that the fight in Afghanistan has been for the right reasons. I wish that not one more drop of American blood would spill there, though I am sure that is not in the cards. We have no chance of getting Bin Laden though. He is in Pakistan and they refuse to allow us to operate in their country. It's a real shame.

Believe me, the gov't has NOT forgotten Afghanistan. There are people who will complain no matter what our gov't does. That comes with the territory, I guess. Some of us who work in the gov't understand that the gov't is doing the best that it can with what it has to work with.

More on the original story of my first post.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/17/airborne.soldiers.family/index.html

Last edited:
OCBob said:
I believe that if the government hadn't already forgotten about the "other war" in Afghanistan it would have already been won. There can be no doubt that the fight in Afghanistan has been for the right reasons. I wish that not one more drop of American blood would spill there, though I am sure that is not in the cards. We have no chance of getting Bin Laden though. He is in Pakistan and they refuse to allow us to operate in their country. It's a real shame.

Got greenlight to go in (covertly), bout f'n time!:rock:

All the kIA in my unit has been in Afghanistan.
(2 in 2004,1 in 2005, and 1 last month)

A bunch of purple hearts iin Iraq, but Afghan has been not good for my Company.

Check out the wall at Ft Bragg Special Operations Command. We got three times the Soldiers in Iraq, but over half the Special Operations Soldiers are killed are in Afghan.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back