Life after the Roe

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in a couple of months it will be a year since I put the Roe on, and I can't complain, no major issues, and just took it on a long trip, and got better gas milage than when my truck was N/A. But there is only 1 thing that's been bothering me. When the truck shifts it makes like a squeak noise, sounds like a power steering pump noise but last maybe 3 seconds during shift. Any ideas what it could be? Belt slip?

Yea - step 1 remove the roe - step 2 put in box - step 3 send to me hehe

Damm what the hell you two doin up? I just got in bout to hit the sack. . Rick dont tell me your down there milkin cows and shit.

:rolleyes:I swear, this forum is a bad influence. Rick you actually had me looking into buying a new ROE setup just now until I snapped back into reality. I'm sure it's a damn god reliable system and the price is great for the power. But for someone that never races and CLAIMS one day he will, when I know I won't, it'll be a waste of cash for sure.

Probably belt slip if it's happening only during shifts or sudden rpm drops.

i have the same trouble with my ford F150! sounds like belt squeal when it shifts. i havn't figured it out yet!:dontknow:

get you another belt and belt tensioner. mine used to do it. especially when i washed it and got water on the belts

What rpm are you shifting at? Full throttle? My belt slips at about 5000rpm under full throttle. It appears to be slipping at the water pump. I have a new Goodyear Gatorback belt I have yet to install that I hope will cure the problem.

If this is your issue as well, Sean Roe will have the belt's part number. I am out of town, so I can't get the number for you.

I am running a 10psi pulley on a Roe.

I have the same issue. I do have a 7lb pulley, changed to a slightly smaller belt, which seemed to stop it for a few months, but back to slipping a little if I goose it.

I plan to swap out the tensioner sometime this year.

Yea my 5lb Roe does the same thing...I was told by the previous owner that Sean at Roe sells an additional pulley to eliminate the slipage. I haven't checked with him yet though.

:rolleyes:I swear, this forum is a bad influence. Rick you actually had me looking into buying a new ROE setup just now until I snapped back into reality. I'm sure it's a damn god reliable system and the price is great for the power. But for someone that never races and CLAIMS one day he will, when I know I won't, it'll be a waste of cash for sure.

More power--whether you are racing or not, is never a waste of money.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back