Lightened Flywheel?

InfinitySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's everyones thoughts on this part? I have to stay NA and I know there can be an advantage to a lightened fly wheel ie faster revs but I would think with the larger displacment of the engine that the xtra mass might help increase TQ slightly? Thoughts.....comments....

If you had a 1.6 liter Honda or such the light flywheel would not be worth it. With 505 CI, 500 HP, and 525 LB-FT stock you do not have a worry. It will rev faster, and you still have all the torque you will ever need. Go for it.

I agree with Silverback...except when he says he is the only NORMAL person here...go ahead, it will rev faster and there are a few pounds savings...with the weight of our trucks, a few less pounds here and there will eventually make a difference. Also the faster revs make the hailing roar sound better when passing another RBC member.

Prof said:
I agree with Silverback...except when he says he is the only NORMAL person here...go ahead, it will rev faster and there are a few pounds savings...with the weight of our trucks, a few less pounds here and there will eventually make a difference. Also the faster revs make the hailing roar sound better when passing another RBC member.

Okay, I admit, I'm not even close to NORMAL.:eek: :p :D

But then you have to remember I'm as close to normal as I am to human

Just upgrade to a QC and not worry about the flywheel.:burnout:

Stingray said:
then only worry about the whole trans :p :D
riiight?? I've gone thru 3, yes 3 trannies:dontknow: on my 3500 dually which is an auto, besides the RC looks soo much cooler....not to mention faster...LOL. Ok think I'll give the guys at Fidenza a shout and have them ship a Flywheel.

InfinitySRT said:
riiight?? I've gone thru 3, yes 3 trannies:dontknow: on my 3500 dually which is an auto, besides the RC looks soo much cooler....not to mention faster...LOL. Ok think I'll give the guys at Fidenza a shout and have them ship a Flywheel.

Love it....RPM's will go up quick comparatively...that and the clutch /master / slave upgrade is much imoproved over stock :rock:

v8eater said:
...and the spongy suspension ... and bitchy back-seat drivers ... :D

That's what the bed is for on the RC.....and the third window....:D

Bone said:
Just upgrade to a QC and not worry about the flywheel.:burnout:

Remember...Suncoast Transmission :D :D :D

NBT said:
Remember...Suncoast Transmission :D :D :D
It's all a matter of time (Roe's) and a little bit of money.:p

i just got my centerforce/fidenza installed yesterday and I definately notice a seat of the pants improvement in acceleration...definately revs faster!

Fidanza flytwheel is half the weight of the stocker. It saves 20 lbs. The only downside is that you have to get used to how fast it revs or you'll bounce off the rev limiter a lot.

Big Asp said:
Fidanza flytwheel is half the weight of the stocker. It saves 20 lbs. The only downside is that you have to get used to how fast it revs or you'll bounce off the rev limiter a lot.
It's also easier to stall the engine too. Not that I ever stall :eek: it

Stingray said:
It's also easier to stall the engine too.
Can it stall??? :confused: After years of clutch stalling 4-bangers and slant-6s I found the V10 to be near impossible to stall. I figured it was becuase there isn't a single degree in the engine's rotation that there isn't a piston firing. Then again, I don't know shit...:hmmmm2:

Aren't there V12s that run without a flywheel at all?

Marc T said:
InfinitySRT,

How did you address your speedo with the 24 inch wheels???

Haven't done anything yet, need to take to the dealer Tues to have a few things done to it before I leave for the Hot Rod Power Tour Thurs and I'll have them recalibrate it. Hopefully I'll have the Mopar ECU, LOA Cam and the Fidanza flywheel before I roll out. Wanted to lower it too but can't get a hold of Boomer :(

Back