Lightning owners SUCK!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigRed460, Jun 28, 2008.

Car Parts
  1. BigRed460

BigRed460 Full Access Member

I decied I would go to the track last night, I had not been in almost a month so it was time. As soon as I get the a guy in a grey lightning pulls up and starts talking shi&, and wants to race. So hot off the street I run him and beat him 13.003 to his 13.540, bad. He came back over and starts bitching about how my truck must not be stock and keeps on going on about how dodge sucks, this after he just had his ass handed to him.

I didn't want to deal with this asshole so I went to watch the other guys run, that was my unknown mistake. I letf my truck alone, went I came back out to about an hour later I had two flat tires, a smashed rear quarter panel, and a gouge down the passenger door... and no sign of mr. lightning.

Cops came and did a police report they est. 5,000$ in damage...

it's raining or i would have pics...

2. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

that is just plain wrong bo, i would def be there for a few weeks with a louisville slugger , just waitin on him to return, oh and I would be in a beater so he didnt recognize me;)

that guy was definitly a chin nutt player:mad:

but you mean to tell me , with all the people around , nobody saw anything?

Freakin cock heads:mad:

3. FastRam

FastRam Full Access Member

Now that truly sucks and is lower than low. I assume you raced him at the track and you are required to register before racing (to sign a liability release, at least?). If so, have the police visit the register's office to pull his name and other personal data. Also, does the track have any surveillance cameras? These may show something as well.

4. Demon 8

Demon 8 New Member Supporting Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I cant imagine any good reson to do this to ANY vehicle. All people spend there hard earned money on vehicles of any kind and it is a disgrace beyond words that people are capable of this kind of behavior. When I was very young I watched my father key a car after it was obvious from paint transfer that the guy parked next to his car had dented my dads door. I was in shock regardless of the circumstance to see my dad do this.

5. SlvrSnake

SlvrSnake Full Access Member

FastRam is absolutely correct. Have the police check the registry for those who were at the track that night. Even if they did not record the tag numbers of vehicles there and they can look in DMV to find out what cars people have registered to them. I would keep on the cops about it if they are not doing much. Goto the track management yourself and find out what they have available. They may not give you the information but will probably tell you that they have names, surveillance, etc. The sooner you do this the better. If there is only a paper trail of the waivers they will most likely throw it out after the day is done if no one got hurt. 5k of damage is a serious offense. Get that asshole!!!!

6. BigRed460

BigRed460 Full Access Member

No cameras, but the cop was goin throught the registration list to get the info, but that still doesnt't prove he did it....

here are the pictures, the rain makes the scratch look better than it is...

Attached Files:

7. BurntRubber

BurntRubber New Member Supporting Member

damn man, I would be on the look out for him like stink said!

8. SlvrSnake

SlvrSnake Full Access Member

Unless he took his truck or some other type vehicle and hit yours I doubt it was Mr. Lighting (unless he is completely out of his mind). Someone hit your truck with another vehicle. After seeing the pictures I doubt it was him. The initial description made it sounds like they just flattended your tires and keyed the truck. Was his truck black?

9. nycstev

nycstev Full Access Member

I agree. An eye for an eye.

10. moparracing

moparracing Full Access Member

i tend to agree........ this looks more like a parking lot hit & run...... doesn't explain the 2 flat tires though.... was the air just let out of the tires or worse ?

either way - sorry this happened to ya. :(

people can be real pricks sometimes. :(

11. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Full Access Member

Were there any trailers parked near you? I had similar damage several years ago done by a hauler. (luckily I saw it happen and the driver SAID he didn't know he had hit my truck) which I found hard to beleive! The flat tires are tough to figure though. Looks like your truck was hit/scraped pretty hard. Hope you find the bastage!

12. RagunCajun

RagunCajun Full Access Member

Sorry to hear about that. People like that should be shot. Looks like someone scraped the truck. The person should of atleast had the decency to come tell you about it and offer to pay for it.

Not all of us are bad.:dontknow:

on a side note, good kill.

13. FG04

FG04 New Member

That sucks bro. Hope you catch him. Didn't realize lightenings were so slow. 13.5 with a blower. I know hemi trucks that are faster than that.........and there N/A with 4wd.

14. moparracing

i call :bs:

15. FG04

FG04 New Member

Guess you don't know dline in Michigan. 13.25 N/A 4wd.

16. moparracing

i still say :bs: ....... where's your proof ? this truck must be heavily modified..........;)

17. RagunCajun

L's bone stock range from 13.3ish-13.7 with 60' foot times which isnt too hard. That's fast for a pickup truck. It's real easy to get them in the 12's though. All you need is a pulley, tune and traction.

A stock hemi RAM against a gen. 2 Lightning is not a race. I know this is a dodge forum but im sry. It's the truth.

18. Prof

Prof New Member Supporting Member

Yup, low 13's is strong for SRT 10's.

Numbers tend to inflate, kind of like penis sizes...

L's that run in the mid 13's are hungry to find hemi's to stomp upon...I recall the window stickers that say "Here Hemi, Hemi, Hemi..."

I want one that says: "L's for lunch, Z06's for dinner..."

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  19. FG04

FG04 New Member

20. RagunCajun

hahaha. My quote on myspace says "here hemi, hemi." Been having that since i got my L. Touché prof!

Localy people brag about their 4 door Tundras and 4 door hemi Rams. That's why i have it.