LIL-RED Express ???

#34OLYELLER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I need to know did DODGE ever make the red express in a DAKOTA I knew they made fullsize but not dakota my friend just bought one and he thinks it is special ??? #340lyeller

I thought they did?? Maybe not,I guess??? I was just reading '78 and '79 only in a Ram and there was the Warlock also. There's a few Dakota Lil red expresses up here,but I guess they must be just clones??

Last edited:
Never Happened, but if you have the money, they can make it happen. I was even toying with the Idea of making my Srt 10 into one. but it's not a stepside and I did'nt want the pipes comming up through the bed.:)

Lil Red Express? Let's get Foose to overhaul FatJack's it's already red LOL

Lil Red Express? Let's get Foose to overhaul FatJack's it's already red LOL

Hell Yeah, I am all for that . Do you think Chip knows anything about forging V-10's???

Lil Red Express Dakota

90-92 Dakotas a few were done for Dodge by LER Industries under contract. I remember seeing them at the dealers then. Had a beater one a number of years ago. I just went to look at a stepside box for a project I'm doing and low and behold it is a lil red express Dakota box that he'd just finished painting blue. We'll see how it looks. They also made the same truck in Black and called it the Dakota Warrior-- I've got some pics of these I'll try to post. There's been a few complete trucks in the last few months go through e/bay with prices from $1200.00- $2500.00 but I've seen some in the $10,000.00 plus range-- Chris

Tell your friend to hang on to it- They were built 90-92 by LER Industries under contract to Dodge. Worked at a Chrysler dealer back in the 90's and remember them on the lot. I had an old beater Dakota lil red a few years ago -- I've been watching them on e/bay and craigslist recently and ones that need work start at $1200.00- $2500.00- When times were better they were going anywhere from $10000.00 and up. I went to look at a stepside box for a project I'm working on and low and behold it turned out to be a Dakota Lil Red Exp box that he'd just painted blue-- he had no idea what he had-- It's mine now we'll see how it looks. If your friend has the V-8 that is the most desirable model. They built a black Warrior model and it is even more rare. I've got a bunch of pics I'll see if I can post--- Chris

Last edited:
yep what prowler said, sent to be built by someone else, i think they where called lil red dakotas. like the shelbys converts. may be rare and valveable. it's all what someone wants to pay.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back