Little youtube humor.

trussman

Reaction score
Just found this.....if he modifies these trucks for racing, shouldnt he be more accurate in his info?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bct6yvzUp-o]#28 James Casey Structural Engineer JSC SVT SRT-10 Truck Racer - YouTube[/ame]

so basicly its a commercial for his auto tail gate opener???

on a truck that the wing was designed to work with the tail gate closed, IN A WIND TUNNEL.

if it does help/work, there is only one opener so the tail gate would be flexin/bendin on the non-opener side

unless i see some wind tunnel data, i'm callin BS

thanks for the post though.:rock:

so basicly its a commercial for his auto tail gate opener???

on a truck that the wing was designed to work with the tail gate closed, IN A WIND TUNNEL.

if it does help/work, there is only one opener so the tail gate would be flexin/bendin on the non-opener side

unless i see some wind tunnel data, i'm callin BS

thanks for the post though.:rock:

Exactly the thoughts that passed through my mind. I also thought if you aren't 100% sure of what you're talkin about, don't bring it up in a vid if you claim to be an engineer especially.

I didn't like the tailgate thingamajiggy, I just thought the racing part was cool.

I didn't like the tailgate thingamajiggy, I just thought the racing part was cool.

Yeh, not often you see either of these trucks doing anything but a straight line on youtube. Or a squiggly one then side ways then ditch flip of course.

I think the tailgate is just a trick to get the guy behind you to back off when it goes down, watch the mustang in the video on the track. As soon as the tailgate drops the stang gives him like 3 car lengths.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back