Local RC YF srt-10 was bought by a 16yr old

2004ram1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i was eying the RC Yellow Feaver near where i live in NH for a few months on consignment. i think i had a thread on it. i forget what number it was but i just talked to the dealer and he said it was bought by a 16 year old kid whose parents co-signed for it... ok just wanted to know how many of you out there would do this for a son or daughter??? i DO NOT wish anything on anyone but im expecting to see this wrapped in a tree or pole in the comming weeks.... again i do not wish anything on anyone and i HOPE i eat these words but this truck can be a death trap to a 16yr old....:confused: sorry for the rant but i was wondering who if anyone would do this??? or if you were a dealer would you say anything???

it happens bro....I've seen youngins in far more expensive rides.....

Jealous??? WELL YAAA he just bought my dream truck and the most bad ass truck in america...lol no good for him but i just couldnt beleave the parents would sign for it.... BUT they probibly dont know just what it is... :rock:

Troy's QC SRT said:
it happens bro....I've seen youngins in far more expensive rides.....

Me too bro, Kid down the street has a Z06 Vette, another has an SS Camaro, and some girl in the neighborhood has a bad ass Evo MR...Not one of em is even 18 years old yet.:dontknow:

Used to see the same thing selling bikes. Jr is graduating high school and mommy and daddy are in to cosign for the GSXR1100 he wants. Lost my job over it eventually, the parents complained when I was trying to talk him into a much smaller bike to learn on. All you can do is hope for the best.

my dad helped me on my first car (that was mine) at 17... a 94 z28 6spd...

i'm glad he did...but knowing what i know now...i think it was a mistake...

he's (we're) going through this with the younger one...who is 17...and wants go fast...and i see A LOT of me in him...so dad says "i don't know anything about what he's looking at...i'm looking to you to help me..." so my bro's a little upset...cuz he can't get away with a 240 with an RB swap or a heavily modded sr20 motor...

he's drivin a 1.8T audi a4 fwd...and that's good...at least for a little while...

i hope this kid has some brains...

THAT 16 year old BLEEPY BEEP! haha.

Anywho, like someone else said, some 16 year olds are in more expensive cars like lambos, Lexus, BMW, etc...

someone once told me, sell it to them , if you dont , someone else will............

but then some parents really shouldnt be parents at all............

if there brought up correctly and tought about HP and TQ then im good wiht it..... the problem is nobody but them know what there history is. maybe hes a son of a F1 racer.

In todays world and especially where I reisde now, I would have to think hard on this one. But, given the right circumstances and if I was convinced my child was ready for it and understood and respected the vehicle and its potential, I would turn over the keys. My first vehicle was a 74 Plymouth Duster with a 360ci in it. It was fast and I was taught to respect the car. I never wrecked it but I did receive a citation or two...

Let me ask a question. Anybody here ever send their kids to a real performance or defensive driving school, besides the ones that take the place of high school "drivers education"?

i tried to get Jase to take my truck down the track in PCB one year and he wouldnt do it...lol i think Jack offered for him to drive his too....lol He knew he'd have to leave town if he screwed it up.

He is goning to have to step it up hard on his next ride :D wish i had a ten for my first ride...wait it was my 3rd ...95 v-8 1500....04 hemi.....and then at 22 a srt-10....:D alot of ppl said my dad was crazy when he helped to get me my 10, but its all in how responsible the person is....i mean really i dont care how old you are...these trucks bring the kid out in people....i mean really we all own super trucks :rock: i dout jack and tony for example drive any slower then 10 over ;) exspecially when you use nitris down the strip in pcb :D :burnout: ...but yea 16 is young....hahaha

dragon said:
if there brought up correctly and tought about HP and TQ then im good wiht it..... the problem is nobody but them know what there history is. maybe hes a son of a F1 racer.
Went to high school with Michael Andretti. He was driving a brand new Ferrari when he was 16. And yeah, he was getting lots of poontang.

lol these are all great points.. and ya the chicks up here wouldnt even know what this truck is haha they all assume its just another truck..... sad.... but i agree with dragon.... maby he is a skilled individual.... i hope so for his and the trucks sake lol

I bought my 2006 ten last year at 19yrs old. Didn't need my parents help though. And just being young doesn't mean it wont be cared for. My truck doesn't even come out when it's cloudy. I think i put 1500 miles on it since i bought it. But its the kids money... atleast his parents didnt just buy it for him, just cosigned. i think everyone wished they had a vehicle like this when they were 16. :rock:

Next thing you know he will be doing a bunout:burnout: on some backroad and it will be.........."What happened??? Did I pop a tire???":aetsch:

FastRam said:
Let me ask a question. Anybody here ever send their kids to a real performance or defensive driving school, besides the ones that take the place of high school "drivers education"?

I have evoc (emergency vehicle operations course) training.... Does that count??? Lol. I bought my truck brand new at 18... No co sign.... Bought he truck under a LLC I had... Big down payment tho lol

I'm eighteen and the kids i know with fast cars usually drive pretty responsible, its the kids in the piece o junk sunfires and cobalts that usually end up in wrecks. I've rode in alot of these sunfires and cobalts and i usually thank god everytime i arrive alive somewhere.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back