Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 175,000+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200,000+

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

00SVTStrike

Reaction score
Who here has the most miles, and what have you had to replace along the way? Trying to gauge the long term mileage issues with these truck/motors, if any...

Does a bit over 5000 on an 04 RC count:dontknow::D:marchmellow::marchmellow:

almost 107k here, a bunch of oil changes, trany flush/changed, rear fluid changed. at 103k miles my band on the engine snaped right off, had to get it towed to the stealership to get a new band ($250). back right window motor doesnt work anymore, never bothered to fix it, some electrical issues, driver side door panel wont Unlock doors but the lock function still works. everything else is still good.

almost 107k here, a bunch of oil changes, trany flush/changed, rear fluid changed. at 103k miles my band on the engine snaped right off, had to get it towed to the stealership to get a new band ($250). back right window motor doesnt work anymore, never bothered to fix it, some electrical issues, driver side door panel wont Unlock doors but the lock function still works. everything else is still good.

band?....:dontknow:

My truck has over 100k on it, but the motor/tranny/wiring/pcm and gauge cluster came out of a totalled srt10. I got almost 3000 miles on the cluster now!! :D

i have under 20k miles on my 05 srt-10

longest trip it's seen is down to alexander virginia for New Jersey for a vtcoa G2G and back other then that its never been out of jersey

all it does now it see garage time :D:D:D

as far what wat's went wrong along the way ? IDK because the truck really has never been together or had the OEM parts in it long enough to find out other then gas oil and tires

Motor still running strong even after a shitload of 150 shot passes, tranny issues but that's from racing. Motor doesn't even use oil.

3 sets of brakes (4 up front)
4 sets of tires (and a couple extra;))
original clutch replaced at 95k miles along with new flywheel, master and slave
rebuilt rear end at 95k (i bet more people have problems than they know about... i caught mine VERY early...)
transmission is JUST NOW starting to be a little difficult to get in 2nd and 3rd...
new PS pump at 85k... just went out with no warning...

BUT... i race a lot, and i've been pulling a trailer for a lot of those miles, too...

all in all a great truck, so far...

I have less than 25K on mine. So far, under the base 3/36 warranty (which expired this past Feb.):

1. One set of front calipers due to "cosmetic" issues,
2. Oil lines,
3. Cooling fan module,
4. Power steering pump,
5. Parking brake switch,
6. Brake reservoir and level sensor,
7. Clutch slave cylinder and line assembly,
8. Driver side seat, both lower and upper section seat covers -- replaced when Fiat took over Chrysler -- Italians hate crappy looking leather...;)

So far my power steering lines are holding out OK -- another common failure mode.

That's about it for me. BTW, my truck is bone stock except for the Mopar/Borla cat back exhaust. Other than the clutch slave problem, the truck hasn't stranded me anywhere and IMO is a reliable vehicle even though it has encountered the "common" failures. But, I guess that's why the warranty is provided...it saved me several grand in parts and labor.

I have 14k miles. So far, I have replaced tires and took the crappy rubber isolator off the shifter.
I had to fill and bleed the clutch hydraulics once.
170 deg thermostat was added as well but not needed

Well , i got about 53000 km on a truck now , so thats about 33000 miles .
Only thing i ever did to my truck is engien oil,oil filters trany oil , diff oil .
hope she stays easy to looks after if a futer as she is now .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back