Looking for a Mill

find a used one, most the money in mills are wrapped up in the tooling

Silverback said:
Just wondering if anyone has any opinions.

http://industrial.jettools.com/Products.aspx?Part=350018&cat=333020

Been looking at this one and it seems like more than enough for what I want to do.

Anyone have any experience with the Jet Mills?

Dear Dad, you are in the center of the world for Good used mills and tooling.

Jet is no better than Harbor Freight IMHO, ya have to do a lot of tinkering if you want to hold Any close tolerances. Usually the tooling is an odd taper compared to Bridgeport and such. Just ask a machinist or two where you work, they will fill you in. Remember bigger is better for close tolerance work,
the more it weighs the more stable it is (temperature change is the enemy)

Silverback said:
Grizzly:
We have over a million square feet of space at our three large distribution centers and showrooms located on the West Coast, East Coast and the mid South to facilitate fast and economical shipping. We also have offices in Taiwan and China:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( with our own quality control engineers that oversee the production of our equipment. Each of our facilities has a regional service center with a complete machine shop and trained technicians to help in after-service.

Silverback said:
Just wondering if anyone has any opinions.

http://industrial.jettools.com/Products.aspx?Part=350018&cat=333020

Been looking at this one and it seems like more than enough for what I want to do.

Anyone have any experience with the Jet Mills?

I have 3 Jet mills in my shop. They work well for modest machine work tolerances + -.003. I prefer a Bridgeport for all around machine work. I have a Bridgeport that was built in 1943 and is still going strong.

Last edited:
black pearl said:
I have 3 Jetmills in my shop. They work well for modest machine work tolerances +_ .003. I prefer a Bridgeport for all around machine work. I have a Bridgeport that was built in 1943 and is still going strong.
Damn Django has underwear older then that :D

black pearl said:
I have 3 Jet mills in my shop. They work well for modest machine work tolerances + -.003. I prefer a Bridgeport for all around machine work. I have a Bridgeport that was built in 1943 and is still going strong.

Ha, I didn't get to the close(if ya can call that close) +-.003 tolerance capability of those machines.
With a Bridgeport (or similar ) you can hold .0005 all day and the tooling is everywhere ( most popular) and you can get it by the ton at auction's when plants retool ( see what your company has coming up for sale;) Might even get one with a good DRO

The DRO at the shop I tinker at will hold memory for 99 hole locations ,and a bunch of other stuff, nice

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back