looking for a thread ??

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i seen a thread from someone that built their motor then rigged up a way to preoil it ,,but i cant find that sucker anywhere ,,anyone remember who did this ??

Last edited:
It would be easier to explain with a picture but I wouldn't be able to get one until about Wednesday. So I'll try to explain my best.

There are two valves on top of the canister, low side (blue) and high side (red). Inside the canister there is a stand pipe connecting the high side to the lower portion of the canister, which is the key to making this work.

So you need to thread a air coupler onto the blue valve to be able to pressurize the tank with air. On the red valve you need a hose with a threaded end that you connect to the engine oil gallery.

Most tanks have a plug on the top that you can remove to be able to fill the tank with oil. So first fill the tank, make sure both valves are closed, connect the air line, open the blue valve pressurizing the tank, open the red valve and now the oil is pushed up the stand pipe from the bottom of the tank through the hose and into the engine. Stand close to the canister and as soon as you hear air, shut off the red valve quickly.

That's it, we use this system to pre lube engines and CVT close loop transmissions in our tractors before start up. It works great and doesnt cost anything but a hose, if you have access to the proper style canister.

Last edited:
Last edited:
not what im looking for ,thats an in truck set up ..i have mt other engine on a astand and want to pre-oil it there ,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back