looking for srt10 quad cab!!!!

twinturbo3150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone new to the forum, and had some questions before makeing my purchase. Before purchaseing my viper I did the same thing as Im doing here and it has worked out great. So I am doing the same in the search for my ram QC. Any particular year? known problems? etc,etc. TIA

you shoul dbe able to find all the info you need on here. the QC is what I have and I love almost everything about it.

#1 - the tranny has lost 2nd gear twice due to the weak 2nd gear band. It's easilly fixed though and upgrading isn't expensive

#2 - freeway driving is bouncy. the shocks and springs can handle 150+ mph so at "regular" speeds they tend to bounce.

#3 - goes through tires really fast

buy one.....get a stage II flash, 170 T-stat, drop in filter, Exhaust with cat delete.....NICE SETUP 450rwhp

Now if ya wanna get a little crazy......all of the above...then call Boomer. Paxton,headers,50 shot, bigger intercooler, and prolly a new tranny. 700 rwhp

I heard the 6 speed is faster then the Auto is this true? Im really leaning towards the auto, really not looking to upgrade. Ive learned once you start upgradeing shit starts to break.

AWDisuzu said:
you shoul dbe able to find all the info you need on here. the QC is what I have and I love almost everything about it.

#1 - the tranny has lost 2nd gear twice due to the weak 2nd gear band. It's easilly fixed though and upgrading isn't expensive

#2 - freeway driving is bouncy. the shocks and springs can handle 150+ mph so at "regular" speeds they tend to bounce.

#3 - goes through tires really fast

Hmmmm make's me worry about #1

Number 2 and 3 is no big deal:D Ive went through a couple tires, its quite fun

twinturbo3150 said:
I heard the 6 speed is faster then the Auto is this true? Im really leaning towards the auto, really not looking to upgrade. Ive learned once you start upgradeing shit starts to break.
QC is only available as an auto, 6 speed is only in RC, 6 speed ain't faster it's just lighter, I am pushing 650rwhp and no problems, just get a QC and don't worry about it

Last edited:
areuv said:
6 speed is only in RC, 6 speed ain't faster it's just lighter,

Reeeaaaaaallllyyyy........:hmmmm:

i actually drive my truck though, which is why my tranny may be going out faster than others :-D :-D :-D

slow91 said:
Reeeaaaaaallllyyyy........:hmmmm:
go take 2 RC, put in a built turbo 400 trans using boomer's upcoming conversion kit in one, then go out and race them and tell me what you got

areuv said:
go take 2 RC, put in a built turbo 400 trans using boomer's upcoming conversion kit in one, then go out and race them and tell me what you got

Duh....what you got is a modified truck....:idea:

The original post didn't ask for advice on switching transmissions....:confused:

My post was referring to the comment about a RC vs. QC...stock vs. stock, with a "driver" the RC wins......everytime......period!

slow91 said:
Duh....what you got is a modified truck....:idea:

The original post didn't ask for advice on switching transmissions....:confused:

My post was referring to the comment about a RC vs. QC...stock vs. stock, with a "driver" the RC wins......everytime......period!

this has proven true everytime we race. i have a stage 2 flash and he has a drop in and cat-back and beats me everytime.

the qc is not slow by no means its just that slow91 can drive his ass off and has a reputation in baytown as one bad-ass driver.

similiar to that of svt freak. both can drive the hell out of anything

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back