looking to get a SRT-10?...advice please

DODGE01

Reaction score
Hey everybody.Im new to this site.I am 22yo and in the US army stationed at Ft.Stewart GA. 3rd ID.I am curently deployed to baghdad Iraq.However i will be comeing home in early dec,Dec 5th to be exact.I am looking for a SRT-10.I have done alot of reaserch on this truck.The bigest thing i pull is a 12'x6' enclosed trialer with my custom harley softail(800lbs).So would the RC be ok for this.Understanding that when i get it i will replace the clutch,that yall bash on so much..LOL.And add air bags to the rear.I dont plan on lowering it or makeing it have 700hp.I plane on driveing it,yea every now and then get crazy but nothing to nuts.This is not my first high performance vehical either i own a 10sec chevelle and before that i had a 05 GTO that ran 11s and a bunch of other high performance machines includeing a Z06 that was forced induction.. Im not some kid that just wants to get one and doesnt know what hes doing.LOL..If there is any advice anyone can give me,it would be much aprecitated.Thank you

Welcome to the club and welcome home (a bit early,but I wanted to get it in)

An 05 RC can tow that trailer and bike ,no problem.An 04 could as well,but you would probably be better off with a gear swap in an 04 RC and that takes time and $$$$$$$)

I wouldn't replace the clutch or hydraulics until I HAD to

Just be sure to get a BLACK one.The rest aren't as fun and are slow :D

I towed my Rhino on a trailer (around 1800 lbs) behind my '04 with 4.56 gears and lowered 2.5 in the rear. Went to Mopar Nats 1680 miles round trip with no problem, fuel mileage went from 18.6 down to 15.

If you know how to drive a stick towing wont be a problem. If a people put hitches on a friggen cavalairs and tow boats, our trucks have know problem towing anything really. Just remember the more you tow or (race) to change your fluids more often then normal. rear end mainly. God bless and come back home safely.

(deja Vu)

Thank you for the advise.And yea i know how to tow with a stick.Hell thats all i really towed with..LOL.grew up on a farm.So what size is the rear pumpkin in that thing so i can start looking at gears?.And what do you recomend.I would like the truck to feel light in city with seriouse passing humphh.And good milage on the highway.

git an 05 compleate package,unless you want to be motorcylcle fast like some these crazy ole boys,then ya force air into er:burnout: :rock: welcome..asylum

DODGE01 said:
just 2...thanks for asking..how many more cars do you plan on owning?:marchmellow:

Just 2.........:thefinger:

LMAO just 2..... wow what do you do for a liveing.And how many of these cars have you touched your self?Or do you let some blue collar guy do your work for you so you can atempt to look important,iv built all my cars and im only 22.Do you even change your own oil?..and where did you get the SRT-8 GC that thing is bad ass:rock:

you should buy a ford lightning! they are faster and are way better at towing.....

:date: :eek:fftopic: :bs:

lukedovichak said:
you should buy a ford lightning! they are faster and are way better at towing.....

:date: :eek:fftopic: :bs:

screw that...FORDS suck,i had buddie who had a lightning anyways,yea it was nice,and yea it was fast,when it wasnt in the shop.LOL

In the rc it is a 4.10 gear in the qc it s a 4.56 but it needs it:marchmellow:
If you like running on the highway keep the 4.10 I love it. 110 in 4th gear inethen 5th. Just my opinion there is alot of guys are runnig 4.88's I drive mine daily and mostly highway so I love the 4.10. :p

4.10's for mainly hi-speed highway ,better mpg
4.88's for mainly city ,country roads ,better performance

4.56 are a GREAT compromise

DODGE01 said:
LMAO just 2..... wow what do you do for a liveing.And how many of these cars have you touched your self?Or do you let some blue collar guy do your work for you so you can atempt to look important,iv built all my cars and im only 22.Do you even change your own oil?..and where did you get the SRT-8 GC that thing is bad ass:rock:

LOL....yep everyone on here that knows me knows that I do ALL my own wrenching. My dad started me out on changing brakes when i was 10. Oil changes??? .....that small shit I leave for my girlfriend to do.:slug:

slow91 said:
LOL....yep everyone on here that knows me knows that I do ALL my own wrenching. My dad started me out on changing brakes when i was 10. Oil changes??? .....that small shit I leave for my girlfriend to do.:slug:

LOL...your girlfreind.Mine doesnt even know what a transmission is..LMAO.but she is learning.I had her change head gaskets on my chevelle when i was home on leave:marchmellow:

HOT RAM said:
4.10's for mainly hi-speed highway ,better mpg
4.88's for mainly city ,country roads ,better performance

4.56 are a GREAT compromise

Thank you for the advice.I do alot of highway.And alot of city.So i think the 4.56s would be great.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back