Loose header bolts?

BADAMS9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck at certain speeds or when you let off the gas is making a light histing sound like a little air leak tick on the left hand side of the motor if you are sitting in the drivers seats. I have headers on the truck. The midpipes were just installed and there are brand new gaskets there so i know its not that. Any chance that the header bolts are loose? I hear this is a common issue and the headers have been on there awhile Idk if they were supposed to be retightened.

Bob

check your gaskets on your headers and exhaust. I had a leak once from the gaskets that headers came with and it had a similar noise. I ended up taking the headers off and re installing the oem factory metal gasket and re-installed the headers and never had a leak since. It almost sounds like you have an exhaust leak to me.

From what ive heard / read on here and other places the best gaskets to use on stock or aftermarket headers is the OEM gasket(you could even reuse your old ones). Ive reused OEM gaskets a million times and never had issues

Just finishing replacing a header gasket, OEM is the way to go, even Lou Belanger recommended the factory ones. They are kinda pricey but well worth it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back