Lost all confidence in my tyres

Got Hankook Ventus ss's on now getting ready to put my 5th set of tires on. Dont know why but tires dont seem to last very long on theese trucks, gonna have to put some big ole mudders on if I want em to last a year.

If you want to stick with the stock size...I got continental cross contact and these are some ballin' tires!!!!!!!!!!! German engineered...go figure..German's make the best when it comes to speed....one word........Autobahn!!!!!!!!!

kickinassrt-10 said:
If you want to stick with the stock size...I got continental cross contact and these are some ballin' tires!!!!!!!!!!! German engineered...go figure..German's make the best when it comes to speed....one word........Autobahn!!!!!!!!!
another thing to consider is BMW and Benz use Continental, almost on every model from factory... speaks for itself

I'm using the Yokohama AVID so far they are pretty good, but whatever you do don't get the Toyo Proxese. Talk about leaving skid marks in my shorts. I had quite a few with those tires.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I just ordered some Conti's for the 10. I'm really hoping this will change my opinion of this truck.

Cablefed said:
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I just ordered some Conti's for the 10. I'm really hoping this will change my opinion of this truck.
Your gonna love em....did you go with the cross contact??? The only down side, I don't know if all trucks do, but they get loud over 120MPH!! Besides that no complaint's

I'm changing my P's to ContiCross next time.
The P's break away too easily.

In the UK, we have to have 114W on if the truck was built with them otherwise your insurance can be invalid.

This leaves us with a lot less choice than you guys.

At +120mph i don't hear any tires :D
I have the conti's and drive often in the wet here in the netherlands.:rock:
And sometimes the german autobahn.:rock: :rock:

Alex

Cablefed said:

Just noticed why you have problems, it's in your sig!

NO WING!:dontknow: :D

Cablefed said:

I went with the contis in 45 size just like you are doing. I liked them a hell of a lot better than the crappy P's. I too spun out with the P's and the slide was just not controllable like it should have been. Once the P's break loose, they are gone and then they will suddenly grab again. Unfortunately, when I spun, the P's decided to hook up when I was sideways and shot me straight off the road. I too have raced for years, mostly on dirt track where sliding takes place the majority of the race and my truck with the P's was uncontrollable in a slide. For comparison, I had a supercharged F-150 and I could power slide that bitch all day long in full control. Anyway, Conti 45's FTW.

got about 15k on my cross contacts...regardless of tire, with a 12 inch wide contact patch, it sure does find all the waterin' holes, so i don't think it would have made that much of a difference anyways...

i was never unhappy with my pirellis, and as a matter of fact they lasted the longest so far...(and that was when i first got it)...

the only other tire i'm considering is the yoko parada spec x...and i may change to a 45 series tire this time as well...

hey quick, was that "dan" me, or someone else?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back