Lost my hood scoop today

ViperZero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the topic title says I lost my hood scoop insert on the parkway. God damn it, anyone know where to get one on the cheap? Just got a set of x-drilled and sloted rotors and could have used the money from that. Lemme know what u got! Please help a brother out.

$250 is better, I can paint it myself. I just can't believe that it would just fly off, no rips in the mounting holes either. Is freaking raining out too, gotta cover it up some way for now. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck with this truck.

I hear you on the luck thing bud.......I see your from NJ, make sure you come to a GTG this summer, last one was at Mohegan Sun, awesome turn out and time!!!!!!!!!!!

DODGE PART NO.s:
YL23TZZAB Hood Bezel (Scoop)
5029770AA Nuts that hold scoop in, need 4 if you're replacing them
5179728AA Clip used to secure scoop, 4 come with the scoop

Im waiting for mine to fly off one of these days. Shit happens.

I hear you on the luck thing bud.......I see your from NJ, make sure you come to a GTG this summer, last one was at Mohegan Sun, awesome turn out and time!!!!!!!!!!!

Definatly, I'm off on Saturdays, so we can do something for sure.

DODGE PART NO.s:
YL23TZZAB Hood Bezel (Scoop)
5029770AA Nuts that hold scoop in, need 4 if you're replacing them
5179728AA Clip used to secure scoop, 4 come with the scoop

Im waiting for mine to fly off one of these days. Shit happens.

I didn't think it could happen. All I can do is laugh now.

Here's the cure for flying hood scoop pieces. ;)
Remember there are two different scoop inserts. One for the Daytona and one for SRT-10. Daytona grille is closed off in scoop;)

No flying parts on a SuperSnake hood :rock:

Be careful, the studs are plastic and WILL break very easily, I know, I only have 2.......

Just another thing that could have been made better on these trucks.............

Mine has been gone for months now. I have just made peace with the fact that its gone. RIP hood scoop, you are missed.

I think I am going to fab one up out of some light gauge sheet metal. I have a few ideas mulling around in my mind.

I think I am going to fab one up out of some light gauge sheet metal. I have a few ideas mulling around in my mind.

Just out of curiosity mine recently flew off as well, what did you end up doing to replace it?

I lost mine too. $400 and paint later it's back in. Of course I lost mine at 140 MPH and it smashed the windshield too.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back