Low Profile Bed Cover

lms1943

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased and installed one of the low profile covers from the Viper Store. I would appreciate any input anyone might have, fit, finish and installation
Thanks

I had one on my truck until about a month ago. I bought my truck used with it on there. It looks really good, but it was a hassle. Mine had apparently been on the truck for a little while because the paint was faded and the weatherstripping was torn in several places. The biggest problem I had with it was the aluminum it was made out of had bowed downward in the middle. This was a MAJOR problem because in order to lock the cover, you have to drop the tailgate and lock the cover latches in the bed. Then you close the tailgate. Since the cover had bowed down in the center of it, it would rub the top of the tailgate and MANY times the tailgate wouldn't completely close causing it to fall open while driving down the freeway. I didn't feel comfortable putting anything in the bed because I was worried the tailgate would fall down while I was driving and anything I had in back would fly out.

The final straw came last month - I was on my way home from the golf course and the tailgate came down on the freeway with my clubs in the back. I had to exit immediately to make sure they didn't fly out. Then I couldn't get the damn thing to latch after I pulled over. So I pulled it off the next day.

I had previously contacted The Viper Store 5 times about the bow in the cover and replacement weatherstripping. They never returned my calls or emails. So long story short I wouldn't recommend getting one IMO.

I have it leaning against my wall in the garage now and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I hate to throw it away, but I wouldn't want anyone to have the same problems I had with it.

It looked really good on the truck though....picture below.

since the oem's aren't falling off the shelves, i'd recommend lazerlite...

is that the one where ya bolt the wing to the cover??? if so they look great.

wasn't there a try at gettin a group buy up for these????

I've had 2. If you get one, make sure that you spend the extra money for the capret on the underside.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back